Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Lewis.

HP Recommended

Hello,

same problem. hp Pavilion dm4 2185 br. Re-installed Windows 7 64bit.

Network Controller with Exclamation mark. Device Manager says:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_0280

I tried installing sp 53382, sp 55086, sp 56889, but no luck. The driver installations fails and is looking for Windows update drivers, and does not find anything.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, Jan:

You need the driver for the Intel Centrino 1030.  Second one listed is 64 bit.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21713&ProdId=3314&lang=eng&OSVersion=...

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

thank you, finally someone that knows what he is doing. However, your attempts were not succesfull... yet.

Download and install ok. Even got a screen from Windows that the devices are ok to use. However, not funcional. Made the reboot (computer asked for it) and nothing, everything unchanged. I used the downloaded setup to repair and rebooted again. Still the same. However, the device manager now shows different items:

Other devices (with question mark)

- Bluetooth Peripheral Device (with exclamation mark)

- Network controller (with exclamation mark) -< was there before

- Unknown device (with exclamation mark)  <- was there before

Here the hardware lds for the three devices:

BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe}_VID&000205ac_PID&1297
BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacafe}_LOCALMFG&0002

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&CC_0280

USB\VID_138A&PID_0018&REV_0078
USB\VID_138A&PID_0018

Can you help me? Please...?

Thanks!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

that worked!!! 100 Kudos!!!

Last question, the driver you recommended before, should I uninstall it, or is it better not to mess with the system since it is running? And what about all the other hp SPxxxxx drivers I tried? If I should uninstall, how do I do that?

The fingerprint thingy I do not need, and since the bluetooth is working, I am not going to mess with it.

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Best

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I wouldn't know how you uninstall drivers that aren't listed.  You can delete the SWSetup folder but that won't delete the drivers, just the unnecessary installation files.

Before I experimented, I would just reinstall the OS using the proper drivers now that you know what they are.

Otherwise, if everything is working, I would let sleeping drivers lie.  :generic:

Paul

HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1696&SUBSYS_12BC103C&REV_03\4&3A321F38&0&10F0. Can You Help Me Please.

HP Recommended

Hi, MD:

Go to your PC's support and driver page and download the driver for the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet adapter.

For XP, you can try this one:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

For Vista or W7, you can try this one.

64 bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=wk-677...

32 bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=wk-677...

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

hopefully you get this message...I am also missing my ethernet controller as well. I did install Astra32 and here are my information you might need to figure it out...

Adapter Vendor - Realtek Semiconductor

Adapter Name - RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Hope this is the info you need. If not, please let me know and I will provide it to you.

I'M ALSO MISSING MY PCI DEVICE......PLEASE HELP WITH THAT AS WELL.....

PLEASE REPLY BACK !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.