Question
My PC no longer exists?
Replies (14)

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 11 of 15 (212 Views)

Re: My PC no longer exists?

Hello GuyD, Have you installed your printer software on your system since you restored it?

The printer software does need to be installed on each computer that will be using the printer.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Tutor
GuyD
Message 12 of 15 (207 Views)

Your question implies that I have restored my system.  I hjaven't because I can't make recovery discs and I'm not sure the ones listed will work on my PC.  The software build is different.  However...

I deleted the printer, re-downloaded the software, and re-installed it.  Right now, the printer is connected wirelessly and working properly.  I hope this is the "final" time I have to do this.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 13 of 15 (200 Views)

GuyD wrote: Your question implies that I have restored my system.  I hjaven't because I can't make recovery discs and I'm not sure the ones listed will work on my PC.  The software build is different.  However...I deleted the printer, re-downloaded the software, and re-installed it.  Right now, the printer is connected wirelessly and working properly.  I hope this is the "final" time I have to do this.

Hello GuyD, I apologize for the error about you restoring your system. Since the Recovery disk was suggested in an earlier post, I wrongly assumed you had performed a Recovery.

Glad you got it sorted, and hope you have no further issues.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Student
John85
Message 14 of 15 (120 Views)

"The only problem here is that the Recovery Discs are for 94NAv6PrA1 and the tag on my PC says 94NAv6PrA3.  This appears to be a different software build.  Will it work?  If not, what should I do?"

I am in the same boat. I bought an HP Touchsmart 300-1003 from an auction. The hd was wiped clean. I purchased a replacement wireless keyboard for it but when it boots up I am unable to hit F11 for recovery. My guess is because there are no drivers installed for the keyboard so the default(F1-F10) only work. Anyways I really need to order a recovery disc but my BID# is 94NAv6PrA3 and the one under the support page is 94NAv6PrA1. I just wan't to know if it will work so I don't waste my money. If it won't work where can I find one. Thanks in advance.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 15 of 15 (115 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:

The system specs page for your PC indicates it shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01891492&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en...

Do you have a Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium COA sticker on the case of your PC anywhere?

If so, and you can read the 25 character product key, I have a workaround for you...

If your notebook came with Windows 7 and you can read the 25 character product key you can download plain Windows 7 ISO files to burn to DVD's for the version of windows (Pro, Home) that came installed on your PC, and that is listed on the Microsoft COA sticker on the PC.

You must also select the language of the installation that came with your PC or the product key won't work.

Burn the ISO using the Burn ISO option on your DVD burning program, and burn at the slowest possible speed your program will allow.

Use the 25 character product key on the bottom of the notebook to activate the installation. The product key will activate a 32 or 64 bit installation.

Then go to the Touchsmart support and driver page to install the drivers you need.

Link to the W7 ISO file downloads is below.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

When I check another vendor's site that sells recovery disks, it only shows the other # too.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/productdetails.aspx?ID=14685

I don't know if that set would be guaranteed to work on yours, but look at the sticker on the PC with the serial number for the Product #. If is is one of those listed on the above vendor's site, then that set of disks should work on your model (NY644AA, NY644AAR, NY644AA#ABA)

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation