Question

Honor Student
Miira13
Message 1 of 4 (4,226 Views)

My computer is making a long beeping noise when I turn it on, what is wrong with it? Please help :-(

Hi,

I tried to turn on my computer this morning & it failed to turn on, the light was on, but it was making a very loud long beeping noise (never ending noise). It seems like it's coming from the middle, where the second 'fan' is attached to something called 'Acer.....' .. sorry i dont know much about inside of computers.

The details of my computer are:

HP Pavillion a1060a
Pentium 4.

Windows XP Home

Model no: D3057F3H

512Ram
200gigs Hard Drive

16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive

Video: ATI Radeon X300SE

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 4 (4,220 Views)

Re: My computer is making a long beeping noise when I turn it on, what is wrong with it? Please help

That screaming means that a failure has occurred.  It could be the memory or the CPU.  Open the case, make sure the CPU heat sink is secure and check the RAM by removing the sticks and resetting them.  If that does no good, play taps, cause it probably done.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Miira13
Message 3 of 4 (4,212 Views)

Re: My computer is making a long beeping noise when I turn it on, what is wrong with it? Please help

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me....

I opened up the case, gave it a good clean, checked to see that everything in there is in tact, both fans are working perfect, but the noise is either coming from the Motherboard OR the processor.

I know that my computer was running out of Ram, so is this why it is making that awful noise?  The rest of the things you had mentioned, I have no clue as to what to do, I'm only a NOVICE user, very little knowledge, I'm afraid

:-(

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 4 of 4 (4,208 Views)

That being the case, some assistance from a friend is probably a choice other than taking it to a shop for repair.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation