My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive? (2919 Views)
Student
Mulege2009
Message 1 of 3 (2,919 Views)

My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? I have an HP all in one photo printer.  It is constantly re installing itself. sort of like the Sorcerer's apprentice..no matter how many times I have un installed and/or deleted all the extra copies..it seems to just keep re installing itself..it has not installed into the C drive of my laptop but goes into the D drive...HELP anyone???
Student
gabelmom66
Message 2 of 3 (2,698 Views)

Re: My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

I can't help, but I have the same issue. I have the photosmart C4210 all in one and it reinstalls everytime I turn the computer on, or restart it.  This is the 2nd computer it's done this on (purchased a new one in August and right away it started the reinstalling), and I've only had it a year.  I'm ready to get a new brand if I can't get this solved. 

I have it unplugged right now and it's STILL trying to install it.  I've tried erasing everything HP from add/delete programs and reinstalling the CD, twice, but nothing seems to work.

HELP US!

Student
aineonly
Message 3 of 3 (2,098 Views)

Re: My printer keeps reinstalling itself -over and over - into "D" drive?

i also have a photosmart c4210 that reinstalls the software each time i reconnect the printer to the laptop via a usb connection.  i am running windows vista, yuck!  i have had as many as 4 copies set up in my printer files at once.  when i went in and deleted 3 of the 4 the printer then gave me an error message that it was not connected, even though it was.  i uninstalled  the software and tried to reinstall it but keep getting a message that i do not have administrator rights even though i am the only user set up on this laptop.  i am currently trying to download the software via the website to see if that will corect the problem.  if it does not then i guess i'll have to pay the $35 to get help from phone support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation