Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My system is incompatible with the new windows 10 upgrade.  Get the following message "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , The display manufacturer hasn't amde your display compatible with windows. check with the manufacturer for support

65 REPLIES 65
HP Recommended

I got the same message on my ,too

HP Recommended

I get the message that NIVIDIA GeForce nGorce 430.  The display manufacturer has not made your display compatible with Windows 10.  Check with the manufacturer for support.

HP Recommended

There doesn't seem to be a way to get a direct answer from HP.  HP should post a solution or give it's customers some kind of responce.

HP Recommended

It's true that card isn't compatible with Windows 10 and from my research it will never be compatitble. You can still upgrade to Windows 10 though Microsofts website though and follow my work around below. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 

Once you upgrade you'll notice your screens resolution will be screwed up atleast it was for me. Thats because it's using the generic Windows display driver since the driver for the graphics card isn't compatible. There is a way to get around it though. I will warn you now it's not perfect since the driver I'm linking is for Windows 8.1. Your icons on your desktop and in the taskbar will refresh every couple minutes. But you will be able to set your computer to the correct resolution. So it's kind of a tradeoff.  Here's the link to the driver you'll need http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/56378

So far so good besides the refreshing icons. 

Edit: The icons stopped refreshing and no other issues.

HP Recommended
Have not tried this yet but similar Workarounds are working. Note that Win 10 does some Auto driver updating in first 15 mins after install / restart so wait a few minutes before attempting change
HP Recommended

There is far more information about NVIDIA Geforce 6150 nForce 430 at the GeForce forums. Se the following link.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/860411/this-pc-is-unable-to-run-windows-10/?offset=4

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Does the new Windows 8.1 driver overwrite existing driver or is there some manual changes required

HP Recommended

will try this way now as been trying to do it for a few days now

thanks bud

HP Recommended
It does overwrite drivers. I installed win 10 on an HP and the display is ok if not perfect using the default win 10 driver. I guess it may depend on the video support "bios". If you have an empty PCI slot you an add a cheap nvidia graphics card that is supported.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.