Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

TudorRose,

There are other possibilities that the MS information is not wrong.

Your PC was not prepared properly for Windows 10

You made a procedural mistake

The MS compatibility checker on your PC is in error

The particular motherboard PC level is not the same as those posting W10 is compatible

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Well, i've talk to a HP Social Media Technical Support. This was his answer to my question. "
I was checking online to see if I could find anything available that may be able to help but it looks like there is not Windows 10 driver developed for your graphics card.
" :Crying:

HP Recommended
TudorRose, follow my instructions I posted on the first page. The Windows 8.1 drivers for that graphics card works fine with Windows 10.
HP Recommended

TudorRose,

While I have respect for the Social Media experts in general, they are not totally informed. In other words, the right hand doesn't always know what the left had is doing an visa versa. HP isn't the only manufacturer to use the GeForce 6150SE nForce 430.  Hence, my previous comments are relevant.

The Windows 8 drivers have a good chance of working hence why the MS site indicates that the GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is compatible with W10 with the right drivers.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

At one time, it was, but Microsoft apparently changed their mind.

Here's what I'm still seeing (as of today):

NvidiaDriverError.png

The incredibly frustrating part of this is that HP's "Help Assistant" keeps popping-up messages saying, "This machine is ready for Windows 10!"

Not sure if it's Microsoft, HP, or Nvidia that botched this, but none seem to be stepping-up with a solution.

HP Recommended

HP saw fit to delete the screenshot, which appeared perfectly for the firs hour after I posted it... You can see it at https://goo.gl/photos/ThAAzZn19mutV6ji7

HP Recommended

But cjo 1992, I have window 7. Will it work for it?

HP Recommended

Tom, I get the same message ,too.

HP Recommended
Yes. I have the same graphics card and upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.
HP Recommended

Review the information posted at the Mircosoft compatibility site.

NVIDIA GeForce 6150se nForce 430 -- W10 compatibility.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.