Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have a valid Windows 7 system.  I want to download the ISO file so I can keep the Windows 7 and install windows 10 on a new partition on my hard drive.  I have not tried to do the download yet.  I am waiting awhile to see if there are more Windows 10 bugs fixed before I do.  I have my code for Windows 7 which I could put in when the code is requested. Did you and the other folks that have used the download tool bypass that part where the code is requested?  I am not sure of the procedure since I haven't tried the download yet.  Thanks for having patience with me.  I'm an old guy (81) and not too computer literate.

HP Recommended

There is no activation code requested if you upgrade and are using a valid copy of windows 7,8 or 8.1. If you put it on another partition you will have to pay for it according to Microsoft. According to them the only way it is free is an in place upgrade other wise Microsoft considers it a new installation and yes you will have to buy it and get an activation code.

HP Recommended

I guess I was misled by the following information at:

http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows-7-or-8/

That article claims you can keep your Windows 7 and install Windows 10 on a partition on your disk.

I'm not trying to do anything illegal.  Thanks for all your help.  If you look at that article you can see if I

misinterpreted its intent.  Thanks again for your help.  If I install Windows 10 and see that I don't like it.

I guess it has a feature that you can return to your old Windows 7 or 8.

HP Recommended
UPDATE: if you haven’t installed Windows 10 on your PC before, you’ll probably have to perform an upgrade first before you can clean install. If this doesn’t make any sense, that’s because Microsoft never makes licensing easy, even when there’s a free version. This is from the article you told me to read.
HP Recommended

The download windows 10, install and then update the driver worked like a charm.

Thanks

HP Recommended

win 10.JPG

I've tried to download the media creation tool to save it to DVD but I keep getting this message.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Are you running windows 7,8 or 8.1 if not you can't do the upgrade, reboot your computer and try running it again. How is your internet connection? Do you have a valid license for your current operating system? If you have a 64 bit or 32 bit system you must download the version you have now!
HP Recommended

When I run the 32 bit download tool I get the following message repeatedly.  it's not allowing me to save the tool on DVD.

win 10.JPG

HP Recommended

The nvidia 309 driver It is working for me on an emachines with that buitlin onbard graphics running windows 10 pro 64 bit. The builtin video is 6150 nforce 430, same as you all.

It is working fine, had no issues at all. I did the upgrade to 10 from 8.1. 

Then I downloaded 309 driver from nvidia, and installed it. The windows safety checker though said could not confirm and asked if I wanted to run the eindows 8.1 driver, and I said go ahead. No reboot needed after the install.

HP Recommended

What NVidia card would make a good Relacement?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.