Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you use the Media Creation Tool, does the upgrade work the same as doing the upgrade right on your computer using the window 10 app?  I did my desktop using the app and it went really smooth.  If the Media Creation Tool works the same, then I will do it to fix my 6150SE issue.

HP Recommended

The usb Windows 10 installer created by the Media Creation Tool is faster than upgrading from the online server source.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

During install of Windows 10, it says "these programs need to be uninstalled because they aren't compatible with the upgrade"

I need to uninstall HP protect tools device access manager in order to uninstall HP protect tools security manager.  Problem is that after first trying the uninstall of the access manager, it dissapears from the list of programs and can't be found anywhere.  I am halfway through W10 install and haven't any idea what to do next.

How do I uninstall the device access manager and then uninstall the tools security manager?

HP Recommended

Please explain how you can be halfway through an install of Windows 10 and uninstalling programs?

Did the install not stop and roll back after you saw the error message?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 with my NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a. Your GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is a GeForce 6 Series, so this should work too

Here is the solution explained in detail for GeForce 6 or 7 Series:
NVIDIA compatibility issue with Windows 10 (Solved)

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Just picked up this thread, great info.

A quick question, I am still on Win 7 and would to upgrade the video driver before gong onto Win10.

Would the link detailed in cargi 11 (dated 08.07.2015)  allow me to do the driver upgade before going to Win10?  Or must I go thro' the Win10 download first?

Dave

HP Recommended

Dave, you need to upgrade Win10 first since it overrides your graphics card driver. Then, on Win10 you install the NVIDIA driver. You have some screenshots here.

HP Recommended

Hi Ivan,

Many, many thanks.

Dave

HP Recommended

Thanks to the poster who linked this thread for me when my initial search didn't find it. I thought I was going to need a new video card to upgrade my Compaq CQ5320F to Win10. With the info here I completed the upgrade today and wanted to contribute a few notes.

I was confused by the role of the media creation tool - despite the name, executing the downloaded tool let me proceed directly to the update without creating any media.

The update took about 2 hours, though I wasn't checking on it often and it may have been done for a while before I noticed.

The install left me with 1024x768 display and no other options. Device Manager showed a generic Windows display adapter, not the NVidia card.

The install wiped out my Linksys USB WiFi adapter - fortunately I had the disk handy to re-install.

Once I got back online to geforce.com, I wasted a lot of time with their GPU scanner and "experience" apps, thinking I would get an automatic update. But even after installing required Java neither of those worked. So I ended up searching for the 307.74 driver, and chose the first of 2 hits that specified Win8 (none specify Win10). An early poster provided the link for that driver - thanks! Getting the new driver should be easier than this IMO.

After downloading and executing, my display automatically reverted to 1920X1080 and I haven't noticed ant refreshing/flickering. Device manager now shows the NVidia adapter.

So thanks to posters here, the upgrade entailed only some minor frustration with NVidia. But I have to wonder how many people give up on Win10 when they see the bogus not-compatible message, and whether MS will fix the problem?

Edit> I forgot that I also wanted to comment on the Win10 "express" configuration - the "express" default settings seemed extrenely intrusive to me - I used custom setup to turn off everything but the "edge" browser, though even that turned out to be unusable because it doesn't support the Norton toolbar...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.