Question

Honor Student
natureman
Message 1 of 4 (2,027 Views)

Need CMOS battery help

I don't want to go to the trouble of opening up my Desktop PC. I have this HP a300n pc that cannot keep the the time current,.

When I turned off the computer and turned it back on it boots up with  Jan 2001 and a different time. I was told

that the cmos battery may be too weak and should be replaced. So, I called the HP tech help and to my surprise the tech guy

whom I talked to didn't know that the pc had a clock on the motherboard!!!! Amazing.

I need to know if anyone out there happens to know which battery model the a300n would accept. I checked the HP site and other internet

sites without any luck.

thanks

Professor
1badGuard
Message 2 of 4 (2,019 Views)

Re: Need CMOS battery help

You can purchase the battery almost anywhere. You need the CR2032 model/battery number.
Student
pampaul
Message 3 of 4 (1,970 Views)

I am trying to find the battery model for an hp a510n

Thanks!!

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 4 of 4 (1,964 Views)

Your motherboard specification:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00069442&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=405460

Almost all ATX motherboards use CR2032, but the battery is very easy to remove. Turn off the PC, move it away from a carpeted area and ground yoursef (touch the faucet in a sink), remove the side panel, take the battery out, look at it, take it to your local department store watch or electronics department and buy a new one.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation