Need emergency help!!!! - Error 100c (11683 Views)
Tutor
SoKMAN
Message 1 of 7 (11,683 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need emergency help!!!! - Error 100c

[ Edited ]

My OS is Vista 64-bit, and every time I try to boot, it says "Windows is loading files" (black background, progress bar below) and then it goes away and the mouse on a light-blue background comes and a message pops up saying "Error 100c. If this issue continues, please contact HP Support." And when I press OK it restarts and it goes on and on in a loop.

Can't get to safe mode..

I think I caused this by accidentally pressing F11 during boot-time and then selecting Ramdisk Settings or smth.

Please help!!!

Message Edited by SoKMAN on 07-22-2009 02:14 PM
Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 7 (11,670 Views)

Re: Need emergency help!!!! - Error 100c

I suggest that you enter the BIOS and select the setting that resets everything to the defaults.  Since you didn't provide the model of your computer, I don't know which BIOS is in your computer.  Therefore, I can't tell which key/s to push to enter the BIOS.

Here is a link that should help:

http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 7 (11,656 Views)

Hi,

If you are getting the error "Error 100c. If this issue continues, please contact HP Support", it indicates that the System Recovery process is stopped in the middle and the system does not have the complete files to load the operating system.

To get the system back to working condition, it is recommended to do a complete system recovery.

Start the system and please press F11 to go into the Recovery Menu. Select System Recovery and follow the on screen instructions.

Please note that any personal data in your system will be lost.

Hops this information helps.

Regards,
Vidya

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Tutor
SoKMAN
Message 4 of 7 (11,623 Views)

I solved it anw..

I used the Startup Repair Disc and fixed it..

Honor Student
bucks
Message 5 of 7 (8,127 Views)

SoKMAN wrote:

I solved it anw..

I used the Startup Repair Disc and fixed it..

Hi - you were in the same situation I am in now and I have not found anyone else who has solved it without doing the system recovery to factory (as was recommended above). Could you please be more specific about what you did?

What is "the Startup Repair Disc"?

Our HP came with no discs. We had to create the "Recovery Discs" when we first got it but I believe that will only do a factory restore. What did you use and how?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Honor Student
bucks
Message 6 of 7 (8,116 Views)

<CLOSING OUT THIS TOPIC>
Following up on my last post... the instructions I got at the 2 links below helped me create a Vista Recovery/Repair CD and repair the boot function on my drive. Prior to doing this I disconnected the new 1Tb drive and booting from CD I was able to get my original system drive working again. The boot process now is weird and I'm seeing screens I never saw before flash by and sometimes I have to select to boot from windows instead of going to RAM settings??? Don't know what that is all about but don't really care since I can boot to windows, log into my profile and do my work.

Now the problem is with the new HDD after running some diagnostics on it. I'm posting a new topic in an HDD forum here: http://forum.easeus.com/viewforum.php?f=10 and hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Here are the links to the resources I used to get out of the Error 100c problem:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-create-recovery-disc.html?ltr=C

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/194765-system-recovery-options.html

I was about to use the instructions here regarding the manual process of How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows, if the above techniques didn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Fortunately I didn't have to.

Student
esyntchep
Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)

you mentioned if you had the model of the computer you could tell me the keys to enter the BIOS and set settings to default, here is my model HP G60-243CL Notebook PC

Thanks any info is greatly appreciated.

esyntchep

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation