Question

Student
ElPhantasimo
Message 1 of 2 (253 Views)

New HP Desktop (64 bit win 8) Need to install 32 bit version Please Help!

Hello. 

We just purchased a new HP desktop that came preloaded with windows 8 64bit and we have some old software that will not work in 64 bit. I need to install the 32 bit version of windows so our software will work. Is there any way to make the system restore do this or potentially burn off the OS disks so i can choose 32 bit verson? 

Also, are drivers going to be hard to find in 32 bit given that this system comes in 64 bit.

Thank you for your time and  help!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)

Re: New HP Desktop (64 bit win 8) Need to install 32 bit version Please Help!

When requesting assistance, please provide the full HP model name and/or product number of the computer in question.

The HP Recovery Partition and HP Recovery Discs will only install the bit version of the OS that was originally provided with the computer. If the computer came with a 64-bit OS, that is all a HP Recovery give you. If you can find a way to download and burn the 32-bit version, you will most likely run into issues activating the install without a valid new key. Your other choice is to purchase Windows 8 via a retail channel and install the 32-bit version from disc but this adds an extra cost and you still may run into problems.

As far as the 32-bit drivers are concerned... we can better answer this once we have the product or model information from your computer.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation