Question

Honor Student
Kimberly007
Message 1 of 5 (444 Views)

No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

Had a power outage. And when I tried to turn my computer back on that error message was on the screen.
Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 5 (440 Views)

Re: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

Power interruptions are famous for this type error.  It could range from a simple repair to an outright hardware failure.  Start the troubleshooting process by looking in the BIOS to see if the hard drive is still visible.  If it is still detected, then the next step is to see if it is the first device in the startup menu.  If all that is good, then try the diagnostic routine for the hard drive.  Since the model number is not given, that is about the basics of the steps for now.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Honor Student
Kimberly007
Message 3 of 5 (441 Views)

No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed

HP Pavilion 20-b010 All in One PC
Honor Student
Kimberly007
Message 4 of 5 (435 Views)

trouble shooting HP Pavilion 20-b010 All in One PC

Had a power outage for 2 mins. When I turned on my pc I got the error message: no boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed. I have a HP Pavilion 20-b010 All in One PC.
Grad Student
surfaceunits
Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)

Re: trouble shooting HP Pavilion 20-b010 All in One PC

press the F10 key after you turn on the computer to access the Setup screen. Look for a list of installed devices including a harddrive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation