Question

Honor Student
koolbu
Message 1 of 6 (3,743 Views)

No hard drive found pc recovery cannot continue / NEED HELP .THANK YOU

My daughter 2 yrs old computer ( Compaq Pressario SR2032X) having problem with virus , so I decide to do system recovery with the dics that I create when I just bought the computer.This is a second time that I do system recovery on this computer.During the recovery it stop and fail so I try again it also fail.I turn off the computer and retry the recovery but I got the message NO HARD DRIVE FOUND PC RECOVERY CANNOT CONTINUE.Please help me out with your technical knowledge .THank you.
Teacher
Tech_Head
Message 2 of 6 (3,742 Views)

Re: No hard drive found pc recovery cannot continue / NEED HELP .THANK YOU

what did the recovery say when it failed?

Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
koolbu
Message 3 of 6 (3,721 Views)

Dear Tech Head,I don,t recall any message beside recovery fail and the next thing I got is NO HARD FOUND PC RECOVERY CANNOT CONTINUE. Truly appreciate your help and I hope your day are better than mine.
Teacher
Tech_Head
Message 4 of 6 (3,717 Views)

Ok...boot into BIOS and go to the tools page and run a HDD self test and post result here.

I will try to make your day better :smileyvery-happy:

Caveat: I will try to help... I don't know everything...but I try my hardest!!!

Please give kudos if I helped, and mark it as solved if I fixed you...or your problem...:smileyvery-happy:
Tutor
Lisati
Message 5 of 6 (3,696 Views)

I concur that a diagnosis of the HDD might be in order. I would add that maybe the malware scrambled the BIOS settings, so checking that the HDD actually is properly registered in the BIOS might help too.

---------------
Patience is a virtue: sooner or later someone will come up with a better idea

Making backup copies of important data is always a good idea before making changes to your system.
Student
pouls29
Message 6 of 6 (2,967 Views)

How does one do that?  I am having the same problem.  I even went and bought a new HDD, but I am getting the same error message, that it cannot detect a hard drive.  I tried the autodetect test, and it couldn't find it.  I am using SATA if that helps.  It's an HP m7248n machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation