On HP Update problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't work. (1352 Views)
Honor Student
ChristineArring
Message 1 of 2 (1,352 Views)

On HP Update problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't work.

Thanks for the suggestion, Eric.  I thought it might work, but after I uninstalled the HP UPdate software, I tried to reinstall from the link you suggested, and the message said, "Update did not complete successfully (9994).

Christine

PhD Student
Rixander
Message 2 of 2 (1,341 Views)

Re: On HP Update problem, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't work.

what that update does is automatic that you dont have to check for hp updates manually

which saves you have to check periodicaly for hp updates for your computer

and please provide the model of your computer

and go the the search and type in the right upper corner when you are on the HP

main screen and click software and driver download and look for the HP update patch

if availible and there are other updates on that page and you can do manual updates if

your prefer

also most important make sure you are getting MsUpdates as well

also hp has a way that you can opt for to email you for updates that way you know there is one

and that which I never opt for and do not have much info on how the email notification works

if you cant get the updates to work and you can do it manually

and I have had that problem that you are expeirency and i did get that fixed somehow

i did the search on hp or google it which i cant remember that has been like over 6 months ago

i dont know if i got it from software update or from the search

or if  did a copy from one of my newer computer to get my HP Advisor to work to one of my older computer

I cant remember much info but it was around that time frame when i had my Advisor and updates working

and make sure that you have any antivirus and window turn off while you try to fix the HP updates

and turn it back on once you get it working

good luck

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation