Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks Big Dave, maybe we should leave it open until the original poster, Gruff, indicates this is a solution for him?

Looking back at his original post, he had already given the Hardware ID:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_2A9C103C&REV_06

That is exactly the same as mine. All he needs to do is go to Intel site and search for a driver for Management Engine Interafce device, MEI. There are four to choose from. I just chose the newest and it works.

Good luck, Gruff!

HP Recommended

Intel® ME: Management Engine Driver:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18532&lang=eng

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm actually working with a Lenovo ThinkPad but the issue is the same.

I think I've solved my situation, being a non-corporate user and wanting to disable AMT and uninstall all the Windows components.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Laptop came with Intel AMT pre-installed (Intel AMT 6.0 - Management Engine Interface and Serial Over LAN driver (SOL) Driver for Windows 7) Containing these components:

Intel AMT Manageability Engine components
- Management Engine Interface
- Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver
- Local Manageability Service (LMS)
- Intel Management and Security Status (IMSS)
- User Notification Service (UNS)

My "Solution"

1) I disabled the Intel Active Management option in BIOS

2) Using Windows Uninstall Programs, the Intel Management software. is listed, and the uninstall routine seemed to do a great job of removing all components. 

3) However, this left an Unknown device in Device Manager (with the following hardware IDs for reference):

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_215F17AA&REV_06
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_215F17AA
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&CC_0780

4) Windows now boots with notification the unknown device was found. Don't want to see that, don't need to use the AMT so,

5) Disabled the (now) Unknown device within Device Manager.   

6) Windows is happy, and seems clean and free of any negative effect.

This seems like a solution for anyone who doesn't need AMT running, since it's specifically for (corporate IT departments) to remotely manage and secure PCs.  Also, like most people, I'm trying to reduce the number of (unneeded) programs and services running in Windows.

Can anyone comment as to whether there is anything about my actions that might have an unseen negative effect? 

Again, I don't need AMT on a personal computer.  Thanks for the input (and perhaps this might help others encountering similar issues.)

Howie

HP Recommended

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for.  Installing Windows XP Pro on an HP Pro 3130 (downgrading from Windows 7).  HP has XP drivers listed on their support site for this mode, yet they only have the audio and LAN drivers, AND those drivers don't even work (for example, the LAN driver they have is for an Intel 1000, yet the computer has a RealTek 8111DL).  Nice HP, very nice.

Anyway, major Kudos to you!

HP Recommended

hi use intel management engine.exe file listed under win 7 drivers for HP431-452TX laptop i installed it and yellow exclamation mark gonei n  device manager

HP Recommended

Please help me as i have two outstanding conflicts

PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER 

Device : Other

Manufacturer: Unknown

and 

SM BUS CONTRLLER

Device: Other

Manufacturer: Unknown

I Just cannot find a driver to finish off the problem, it remains outstanding.

My machine is HP Pavilion G 6

HP Recommended

Hi:

Go into your device manager. Click on each missing device. Then click on the details tab. In the Properties drop down list, select the second item (hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see listed. Those should identify the model and type of device.

Also, are you running windows 7 32 or 64 bit, and what is the full model # of your notebook G6-what?

Paul

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul i figured out the first part, about where to get the type of device. 

I am running windows 7 64 bit

Its a HP Pavilion G6 

Intel Core i5

HP Recommended

install pci  simple commuication controller driver window 7

HP Recommended

tempreture sensors monitor the boards temp, cpu temp and sometimes even the harddrive look up on google a program called speedfan and it will monitor the temps of your computer and any device on the inside that supports it

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.