Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

need the same pci simple communication controller for my win 7 ultimate x64 hp pavilion g6-2076sr

everything is installed, however this one device is still hangs as not installed.

please help.

regards

alex

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi all,

It seems to be an amazing thread with almost everybody's problem solved by the provided solution.

Can u please help me as well.....

I have windows 7 installed in my HP Pavilion dv6 Nootbook PC.

Product number XS071EA.

i have number of drivers missing.

under other drivers..... PCI simple communication controller driver is missing and it is showing two more unknown devices.

Can anyone guide what driver i need to install for that....Im unable to use skype frm last many days is the unavailability of this driver related to skype or any voice communication s/w????? 

Moreover Im unable to connect my Laptop wirelessly through Internet.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thnx in advance 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi:

I am pretty sure you are missing this driver for the PCI.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-94331-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

For the other ones, I need some more info from you.

Please go to the device manager and click on each missing device one at a time. Then click on the Details tab.

Now you will see a Properties drop down list. Drop down on that and select the second item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see for each missing device and I will post the links to the drivers you need.

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul,

thanks indeed. it works)

regards

alex

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Alex.

HP Recommended

thnx Paul for a quick reply.....but im facing some additional problems now. Yesterday i was searching PCI drivers for my system and i dont know wht i installed.

After tht, under other devices drop down, PCI simple communication driver is not shown.....it is only showing two missing unknown devices drivers. However I installed the driver u posted, the file run but its not showing any change in device manager list......I tried to figure it out from uninstall option in Control Panel but it is not thr as well..... Wht im supposed to do further !!!!!

List of missing drivers :::

under "other devices"

unknown device
ACPI\HPQ0004

unknown device
USB\VID_138A&PID_0005&REV_0<90;

For the wireless thing i mentioned:::

under "n/w adapters" tab following things are installed

1. Disabled 802.11 n wireless LAN card (which doesn't work when I enable it for my wireless modem connection)
2. Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
3. Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
4. Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit
Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Plzzz help 😞

HP Recommended

Between i just found that these files I run yesterday
sp52794:Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver, VERSION: 7.0.0.1144 REV. A
and
sp52795: Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver, VERSION: 6.0.0.1179 REV. A

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanx a lot Paul for your great help. Unknown devices issues resolved.
But my wireless modem connection still not working, whn i enabled the wireless driver it is showing me connectivity with limited access. I can access my wirelss Internet with my mobile but not with the laptop. Only wired connection of modem is working with laptop.
Any suggestions u have in this issue?

Best regards,
S-Abdullah

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.