Print Spooler stops running after installing P2030 Series (1598 Views)
Honor Student
User34
Message 1 of 5 (1,598 Views)

Print Spooler stops running after installing P2030 Series

I have a Windows XP Pro OS.  I installed new printers on computers.  I use roaming profiles and a Windows server 2003 Network.  The Print Spooler now stops on the local workstations and users cannot display any printers in their printer list. The event viewer says the print spooler has stopped and I get event ID numbers 7034 and 7031.  I can restart the spooler with Admin priv but the user cannot get to this.  It all started happening after I installed new HP LaserJet 2015 printers.

Any Ideas?

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 5 (1,590 Views)

Re: Print Spooler stops running after installing P2030 Series

hi,

Hi try to perform ran this command in the command prompt window.

>click start

>ran

>cmd

>type in this command in the command prompt window

SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS start= Auto

then press enter key on your keyboard and then exit

let me know if these would work. :smileyhappy:

Kiko
Honor Student
User34
Message 3 of 5 (1,589 Views)

Before I do, what is this command line doing?  Is it changing a registry setting with remote procedure call?
Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 4 of 5 (1,587 Views)

hi,

this command will allow to automatically restart your print spooler! :smileyhappy:

Kiko
Honor Student
User34
Message 5 of 5 (1,585 Views)

I checked in the Services and the print spooler is set to Auto. As I continue to search the problem, it appeares to be a reslut of a shared printer on the network that did not get deleted/un-shared before it was taken off line. Now the printer still remains in the directory of the Server 2003 and I cannot get it out. I think if I get it out of the directory it will stop my problems. If I try your solution, I have to do it on all 45 computers on the network. Continued Thanks for the assistance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation