Problems with Real HD Audio Manager - icon in system tray (8876 Views)
Intern
HoNiB
Message 1 of 10 (8,876 Views)

Problems with Real HD Audio Manager - icon in system tray

[ Edited ]
I've never had problems with Realtek HD Audio Driver version 6.0.1.5882 (sp44431) for my Windows 7 64-bit version. In the Control Panel, I have ticked the box to show icon in System Tray.

In my Windows Registry, I have written the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run]
"RAVCpl64" = "\" C: \ Program Files \ \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA \ \ RAVCpl64.exe \ ""

Before my upgrade to version 6.0.1.5910 (sp44380), it was possible to boot Windows 7 and display the icon in the System Tray without my control panel is started up and displayed on the screen. After upgrading my panel starts up automatically in full size every time I start Windows 7. But I will only display the icon. 

What do I do?

Is there anyone who has had the same problem and have a solution to it?
Thanks in advance
HoNiB
Message Edited by HoNiB on 11-02-2009 01:24 PM
Top Student
JAB_9
Message 2 of 10 (8,849 Views)

Re: Problems with Real HD Audio Manager - icon in system tray

RE: Realtek HD Audio Drive....Before my upgrade to version 6.0.1.5910 (sp44380)

1.  Whose's upgrade version?

Realtek says, 

Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website. 

2.  Check Device Manager, and see if Microsoft has some audio program there...

3.   Is this the correct format, with double slashes?  "C: \ Program Files \ \ Realtek \ Audio \ HDA \ \ RAVCpl64.exe "

Intern
HoNiB
Message 3 of 10 (8,841 Views)

1. I have downloaded Realtek drivers from HP: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-77270-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&... and http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-75647-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

2. I have checked device manager. No audio program there.

3. I will try to write the reg key again. I am not sure that this forum editor will accept the double slashes when I send this reply. The reg key is as follows:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"RAVCpl64"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Realtek\\Audio\\HDA\\RAVCpl64.exe\""

When using the old version this reg key does the job. When I start Windows 7 the icon for Real HD Audio Manager appears in the notification area and the Realtek control panel is not launched to full size. With the new version I have to shut down the control panel each time I start Windows 7.

Maybe HP has forgotten to make the usual customizations before they released this driver?

Top Student
JAB_9
Message 4 of 10 (8,822 Views)

Realtek has had a 64 bit version since 2000/XP days, as I recall.

Normally, when a program installs itself, it can insert details into registry, and one should not have to " ticked the box to show icon in System Tray."

I assume you have unticked it, and then rebooted computer?

Maybe one should remove the data in registry, and then de-install Realtek...then, re-install it.

Btw, is your "RAVCpl64.exe\" in the C:\Windows directory?  I do not have the 64 bit Vista, but in registry, there is no Path for

RtHDVCpl.exe ....here is what it looks like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"RtHDVCpl"="RtHDVCpl.exe"

Hence, you might untick that box, and remove the path in registry if there is a copy in the C:\Windows directory.

Hence, if you have two different  "RAVCpl64.exe," one in C:\Windows, and one in C:\\Program Files\\Realtek\\Audio\...you have a problem.

Intern
HoNiB
Message 5 of 10 (8,801 Views)

Thanks for your reply. 

RtHDVCpl.exe is for the 32-bit version and RAVCpl64.exe is for the 64-bit version. It is the same program (Realtek HD Audio Manager). 

There is no copy in the C:\Windows directory. But I have noticed a (installed?) copy of all the Realtek files installed in C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\... in the hidden directory C:\HP\DRIVERS\Realtek_HDAudio\Vista64. 

I think that your idea about removing data in the registry and then de-install and re-install is af possible solution. Before re-install I will also remove all directories and files regarding Realtek including RAVCpl64.exe on my C-drive = Clean install.

If this solution is a succes I will write about it here.

Top Student
JAB_9
Message 6 of 10 (8,779 Views)

RE: RtHDVCpl.exe is for the 32-bit version and RAVCpl64.exe

Yes...I'm fully aware....my point was that in my 32 bit version, registry was pointing to C:\Windows directory..instead of  C:\\Program Files\\Realtek\\Audio\

I'm a geek from Windoze 3.1 to XP....sometimes, you have to re-examine your directories and registry to delete all traces of an installation.  Just removing a program means nothing sometimes...sometimes old files linger around....just as entries in registry.

It's a real pill to "exterminate" all traces with some programs.  If there was only a readme file for each program installed, explaining what they did...but those knuckle heads don't do it.

I did some Google searching, but could not find anything on your issue...my guess is something in your installs has created it.

Good luck

PhD Student
PC_Tester
Message 7 of 10 (8,769 Views)

You can right click the system tray and go to Configure icons and opt to always show the icon and / or opt to show the entire system tray.
Intern
HoNiB
Message 8 of 10 (8,735 Views)

Thanks to both of you.

I did a clean install and it did not help. I also tried different reg keys. Among other things, your proposal.

Yes, I am aware of the the icon settings in Windows 7. However, this does not help. System icons are turned on in both programs (Realtek HD Audio Manager and Windows 7), but when I start/restart Windows 7, the icon does not show in notification area. The icon only pops up in the notification area, if I open Realtek from control panel. Odd. Next time I start Windows 7 the icon is gone again.

HP might read this thread and releases an update for the Realtek HD Audio Manager. I look forward to being able to show and hide system icon. I suppose that is why the function is still there.
Student
zion666
Message 9 of 10 (7,780 Views)

@ HoNiB

i have the same problem like you;;and i tried so many thins but nothing....

i think that we should try to install the driver from Realtek directly not from the hp driver.

or maybe it can be problem from hp .any way if you find domething just try to tell me ;;;this icon makes me crazy..

i got the icon in my hp laptop 32bit windows 7 ..but not in desktop pc windows 7 64 bit.....

Tutor
wtxgringo
Message 10 of 10 (7,746 Views)

i've installed my realtek hd audio driver from realtek's website, not hp as they are out of date. the latest version resolves several issues when playing games or just using powerdvd etc. my icon appears in taskbar as i choose, it's always on. hp never reads these threads, so you can give up on that :smileyvery-happy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation