Product Key Not Working (95 Views)
Top Student
Dreeass
Message 1 of 3 (95 Views)

Product Key Not Working

I wanted to reïnstall my whole PC and used the Windows 7 Home Premium product key that is on the sticker on the pc. When Windows 7 Home Premium (which I got from the Windows forums and completely legit) was installed and booted into the user's account it asked me for my product key which I gave in. Then it said that the product key was invalid, is there a possibility of getting a new product key perhaps? I cannot give the bill of when I bought my PC because that happened 3 years ago, but the sticker of HP with the product key is still on it. I also have an upgrade key to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 which I bought myself but I don't think I'll be using it.

What information is needed in order to get a working product key that has been linked to my PC I bought from HP?

Thanks in advance.

Top Student
Dreeass
Message 2 of 3 (89 Views)

Re: Product Key Not Working

I have found the reason why it wasn't working, one of the O's was a zero instead of a capital o. Sorry, my mistake. This can be set as solved I guess.

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 3 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: Product Key Not Working

Hi! That's good information and will help others. Thank you for your reply!

Dokie!!

OOO0--0000 They look the same to me:smileymad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation