Question

Honor Student
eddiliyah
Message 1 of 8 (13,371 Views)

Product Key for Microsoft Office

Whenever I open microsoft Office 2007 I'm asked to enter the product key. I tried to enter the one at the back of my laptop but it was rejected. However a friend of mine told me that the one at the back of my laptop is for windows vista and not 4 microsoft office. The software on my laptop was pre-installed by HP including Microsoft office. Where can I get or locate the Key for Microsoft office? I have tried to check on the  back up CDs that came with the laptop but can't see It. Please help.
PhD Student
cnfrisch
Message 2 of 8 (13,364 Views)

Re: Product Key for Microsoft Office

Apparently, you have a trial version of Microsoft Office installed and the trial period has ended.  In order to continue to use Microsoft Office, you'll have to purchase a Microsoft Office license (product key).

How to convert a trial version of a 2007 Office suite or program to a full retail perpetual license version;
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927756/en-us

How to buy Microsoft Office 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/fx101678741033.aspx

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 3 of 8 (13,328 Views)

That or you can use Microsoft Works which does the same thing and it's free and it comes with every HP computer.

Start, all programs, Microsoft Works, and you have works word processor, spreadsheet, etc.

Or you can uninstall the current Microsoft Office program, go to trymicrosoftoffice.com and click on the Home and Student 2007 and download the trial and sign up for the 60day key and you get another 60 days.

That's another way.

Alternatively there's also the free Open office suite which may look different but it's free from openoffice.org

Top Student
swabbie
Message 4 of 8 (13,091 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this set...

{Content Removed}

I have Office Professional 2007 with that set hand written on a note piece, kinda hard to read, if first doesn't succeed, you might swap out the {Content Removed}...good luck. 

Student
ARazeed
Message 5 of 8 (10,762 Views)

my productkey which showing behind the laptop , not accepting the system. how can i get another product key.

thank you

Student
girlado1025
Message 6 of 8 (7,592 Views)

hey i have a hp computer but my microsoft office 2008 produt key dont have i need to used excel pleased what can ido

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 7 of 8 (7,576 Views)

Why not use a free alternative.  Try OpenOffice, for example: http://download.cnet.com/OpenOffice-org/3000-18483_4-10263109.html

The office applications are close enough to be able to run most of the documents as though it was Microsoft Office.

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Student
berkantkaya
Message 8 of 8 (6,235 Views)

eddiliyah wrote:
Whenever I open microsoft Office 2007 I'm asked to enter the product key. I tried to enter the one at the back of my laptop but it was rejected. However a friend of mine told me that the one at the back of my laptop is for windows vista and not 4 microsoft office. The software on my laptop was pre-installed by HP including Microsoft office. Where can I get or locate the Key for Microsoft office? I have tried to check on the  back up CDs that came with the laptop but can't see It. Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation