Question

Honor Student
ChrisTanky
Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Recover to Original Factory Condition

Hey,

I have a question, I'm trying to recover my system to original factory condition, but for some reason, nothing comes up after I choose system recover, nothing happens when I press F11 when I'm booting up, and for some reason. The recovery disks are not working.

Please Help!

Thanks in Advance!

- Chris

Intern
Tech_Net
Message 2 of 6 (647 Views)

Re: Recover to Original Factory Condition

Hi,

I will request you to share the Model Number of your PC to get exact troubleshooting steps to resolve the issues. In general this issue comes up due to Hard Drive’s malfunctioning. If you were using the same Operating System provided by HP then you need to first be confirm whether the Factory Image Drive or Recovery Image Drive is present, if you are sure of that the Factory Image or Recovery Partition is present in your Hard Disk then you can enter BIOS by pressing F1 or F10 key at the HP Logo and then after select HDD and press enter and among the options select Smart Support and press enter, then after you will get a window where you need to press enter to start the test. If the HDD Smart Test passes then you need to perform recovery with DVD else to get the HDD replaced. If you can share the Smart Error that will come after the test then I can provide you with further information depending on the same.

Good Luck

• Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! White Star" which is on the left.
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Intern
Tech_Net
Message 3 of 6 (646 Views)

Sorry, forgot to select Email Replies.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
ChrisTanky
Message 4 of 6 (613 Views)

I'm not sure how to check the image thing.

I have a HP Pavilion a6009n, I'm really hoping to format to factory condition, thanks for your reply, please Help. :smileyvery-happy: Thanks.

Intern
Tech_Net
Message 5 of 6 (596 Views)

Hi Again,

If you open Computer, then you will get the HP C Drive and the Recovery Image Drive D. If "D" drive is present then by default it is the Recovery Image Drive (If you have not changed anything). For checking the status of the HDD, when you start teh PC at the HP Logo keep tapping the F10 button and then you will enter the Setup. On the top you will get the Tabs as Main, Advanced, Power Boot. In the Main Tab itself, you will get date and time and on the left side you will get First Disk, Second Disk, Third Disk and Fourth Disk. One of them will have the name of your HDD and the other will be the name of your DVD Drive. By the name itself you will be able to recognise which is the HDD. Select the HDD with the Up or Down Arrow keys of your keyboard and then press Enter. You will get a pop-up, from there select Smart Support and press enter, now from the next menus that appear select Smart Short Self Test and press Enter. One more window will open and will ask to press Enter to beguine the test. It will hardly take 2 min to perform the test. If there is no error in HDD then you will get teh result as Pass or else you will get an Error Code. If any error comes then contact HP (if your PC is within warranty) and get HDD Replaced.

Enjoy Troubleshooting

Honor Student
ChrisTanky
Message 6 of 6 (572 Views)

thanks for your help, the disk they gave me when I bought the computer was messed up, so I found the one I made when I set up my computer about 2 years ago, and they worked!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation