Recovery harddisk is full because of preload size of 20 GB (193 Views)
Top Student
Nicklas_dk
Message 1 of 6 (193 Views)

Recovery harddisk is full because of preload size of 20 GB

Hey, after i changed my harddisk to a new, and mirrowed the old content, my recovery harddisk has been full. I can see after showing hidden files that the cause of it is the size of the preload file

How can i reduce the size of this? i 

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 2 of 6 (173 Views)

Re: Recovery harddisk is full because of preload size of 20 GB

Hi If your talking about your recovery partition(D drive) My advise is to leave it alone. It's supposed to be nearly full. That is what you use to recover back to factory settings. If you made recovery discs and really need the extra space, see link below. Not recommended, but it's your call!

Dokie!

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c01512976

Top Student
Nicklas_dk
Message 3 of 6 (144 Views)

[ Edited ]

I didnt do it before, first after the copy of the harddisk, and i writes its full constantly, so its to fix that problem :smileyhappy:, and yes it is the recovery drive

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 4 of 6 (136 Views)

Hi! I don't understand your reply?? I have given you my advise. The D drive is where your recovery media is stored. My advise is leave it alone.

Dokie!

Student
wahab123pk
Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)

@Necklas Dk  sorry i didn't understand your question.. :smileysad:

Regards,

Mohabbat Subh ka sitara

Top Student
Nicklas_dk
Message 6 of 6 (121 Views)

[ Edited ]

ill try again :smileyhappy:

I installed a new harddisk to my laptop because the old one was broken, but to safe my data i "mirrored" the contend over to a new harddisk.  Before my Recovery drive (: D) was not full

After the mirroring the new Recovery drive (: D) is full and it pops up an error message showing a warning (almost full)

I would like to remove and "reinstal" the recovery drive so i dont have all the stuff which apperently isent needed but somehow got in this preload file.. the only option i was given was to completely delete it but was warned strongly not to do this?

So that kinda contradicts me solving the problem, which isent really a solution.  :smileyhappy:      

A solution to how to reduce the size of the Preload file in the recovery drive is what is asked for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation