Recovery (190 Views)
Honor Student
HWL85
Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Hi, i recently made a factory reset on my hp elite 7300 pc win 7 pro and it turns out my hdd had bad sectors :smileyfrustrated:. So i tried to make a copy to another hdd so i wouldn't lose all my files and os but that didn't work. That's why i reinstalled the whole thing on another hdd but de windows 7 pro version is not of hp so i don't have my recovery manager an other programms anymore, after that i tried to get it back by using a recovery usb that is previously made but that didn't work also so my problem now is : how can i get my original software with os back?

Provost
old_geekster
Message 2 of 4 (179 Views)

Re: Recovery

HWL85, welcome to the forum.

The only way to get your HP software back is to to a System Recovery.  You will have to do this using the Recovery Discs that you made when the computer was new.  If you didn't make the discs, you should contact HP Customer Service to order them.

Please click "KUDOS Thumbs Up" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 4 (163 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, first i want to thank you for your reply and second i did try to use a recovery usb but it wouldn't let me restore the image, i get this message system recovery opption is not compatible with the version of windows you are trying to repair.

Provost
old_geekster
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

I guess these old eyes are not seeing everything.  After reading your post again, I see that you mentioned the USB drive.

Here is a guide from HP that is made to help when a new hard drive has been installed.  It is relevant in your case.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7 Ultimate

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!