Question

Top Student
Guythunder
Message 1 of 3 (295 Views)

Reinstall drivers for sound card in Windows 8

My son uninstalled my drivers for my sound card anybody know how to reinstall them. Thanks.

Professor
jaco1x4
Message 2 of 3 (287 Views)

Re: Reinstall drivers for sound card in Windows 8

[ Edited ]

Hi Guythunder,

Please provide the: factory installed operating system (OS) ( Vista, Win 7, or Win 8,) and the product number for your computer. Is your OS version 32 bit or 64 bit? The product number can be found on the left side of the tower. Please see this article on determining if your OS is 32 or 64 bit.

It would be good to know if Win 8 is the original operating system and that you have not upgraded from Vista or Win 7. If you have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 the following method will not work. Open Recovery Manager as follows: Activate the Charms bar and select search, type recovery and then select Recovery Manager from the search results list.

Click yes at user prompt. Select Hardware Driver Reinstallation. Click next. Select IDT or, if you have realtek, select Realtek High Def audio.

Follow the prompts to reinstall the driver and reboot your system.

Jaco

****I am not an HP employee****

Please give a" Kudos" if advice received is relevant or" Accept as Solution" if your problem has been solved.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
H8 1380t CTO, Intel i7 3820
16 GB DDR3
Pegatron Motherboard- IPIWB-PB (Pittsburgh), Radeon HD 7570 1GB. Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro.

Envy Phoenix 810-150se, Intel i7 4820k
12 GB DDR3
Pittsburgh2 Mainboard, NVIDIA GTX 645- 2GB GDDR5. Win 8.1 Pro.

HP 560z CTO AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
16 GB DDR3.
Radeon HD 6570
Win 7 Home Premium upgraded to Win 7 Pro.

HP ENVY 17t-j000 CTO Quad Edition Notebook. I7 4702mq
12 GB DDR3
Nvidia Graphics
Win 8 Pro

Top Student
Guythunder
Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Reinstall drivers for sound card in Windows 8

I want to think you for all of your help, I went to HP site found the drivers and installed them now all is well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation