Question

Honor Student
Gideon9595
Message 1 of 3 (13,382 Views)

Reinstalling all of Windows Vista with no CD disc?

Hi All...

I have a Windows Vista 32bit M8075a

The Desktop has gotten to the point where I simply want to reinstall Vista and start from scratch.

When I purchased the PC it didn't come with a CD like my old PCs did.

I have presumed that my Recovery D: partition has the software on there to wipe and reinstall the PC.

I have looked thru help and Control Panel as well as this website and can't find a tutorial on how to do this?!

I am not a very technical person all though I used to be.

Can some please explain to me how to format and make my PC like it was when I first purchased it.

I have backed up everything onto an external harddrive and ready to go. 

Thanks in advance.

Regents Professor
TheOldMan
Message 2 of 3 (13,362 Views)

Re: Reinstalling all of Windows Vista with no CD disc?

Here is page that will guide the Recovery process:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00814731&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

{---------- Please click the "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping.
Please click "Accept As Solution" if my help has solved your problem. ----------}

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I do not work for HP.
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 3 (13,356 Views)

Re: Reinstalling all of Windows Vista with no CD disc?

You can also burn a Recovery DVD set to boot from and format /reinstall. I highly recommend that you burn a set ,in a case of hdd failure you will lose the files in recovery partition too.

Creating Recovery Disc Set in Vista:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&rule=69&product=3696841&docna...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation