Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello Tegus

The only thing you can do with Mountain Lion on the Officejet 5510 is to make sure that you have run the Apple Software Updates with your printer plugged in with the USB cord. This will get you the latest HP Software that you can run on Mountain Lion.

To do the Apple Update correctly follow the steps below:

Step 1. Plug in the printer USB cord to both the computer and the printer

Step 2. Click on the "Apple" in the upper left hand corner

Step 3. Click on "Software Updates"

Once it is completed you can refer to the HP Support document How to Scan: OS X v10.8. This document will provide you with instructions on how you can scan using Apple Preview, Apple Image Capture and from Print & Scan. If it at all possible for you to scan this is how you will be able to do it.

I hope this answers your question about scanning. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day! 

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thank you for this.  It does allow to scan.

However, I can no longer fax.  Is there a forum you can point me to for this?  Thanks.

HP Recommended
Also, there is no "Accept as Solution" button that I can see but please note that my scanning problem has indeed been solved by Dunibar and I gave him a judo.
HP Recommended

Hi

Can you please help me scan using Windows7

thanks

HP Recommended

I'm uding Windows Vista.  I tried to double click the HP 5510 icon in the Printers section of Control Panel but do not find an option for scanning. How do I ask my computer to scan? 

HP Recommended

I had scan on my HP officejet 5510 when I had Windows XP. Now I don't on Windows 7.

How can I get software to scan?

HP Recommended

When I got Windows 7 to replace XP, when I press scan I get msg -- you need to install or run HP software.

Where do I get software or program??

HP Recommended

Hello helloagain,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

You would be able to use the HP Printer Install Wizard to get the software for your Photosmart 5510.

Printer Install Wizard<---

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

How do I reinstall my scanning software? 

HP Recommended

When I press "scan" on my printer, it says that I dont have the software for it. I searched everywhere for the software... What should I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.