Question

Student
Smartpedaller
Message 1 of 2 (294 Views)

Synchronising Blackberry Torch with Windows 8 PC

I have just bought a CQ2000 PC with Windows 8.  I installed the Blackberry Desktop software, but I cannot synch calendar and contacts.  Message says 'applications not supported, refer to www.blackberry.com/desktop/docs'.  That is no help.  Searching the web, this seems to be a common problem, but the only solution I found was extremely complex and risky.

My old PC was Windows XP SP2, MS Outlook.  New PC uses Outlook on a base of Hotmail.

Is there a fix or easy way to solve this problem?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (268 Views)

Re: Synchronising Blackberry Torch with Windows 8 PC

Try running the BlackBerry software in compatibility mode.

Right-click the software launcher (typically an icon on the desktop) and select compatibility troubleshooter. 

You should eventually get to a screen that gives you the choice to choose the settings or to use automatic. 

Select the manual option and select Windows 7 or earlier. 

You will then get to a test screen.  Select the test option and it should launch the program in compatibility mode. 

Let me know what happens.

Also, what OS version is the BlackBerry using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation