System Fan error (4512 Views)
Honor Student
case404
Message 1 of 6 (4,512 Views)

System Fan error

I am getting the system fan error message on start-up. I have cleaned my cpu fan and all dust from the computer. Still receiving fan error message, I can see the fans are spinning normally. The computer is also restarting every 30 seconds or so. Could this be a PSU problem?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 6 (4,493 Views)

Re: System Fan error

[ Edited ]

case404 wrote: I am getting the system fan error message on start-up. I have cleaned my cpu fan and all dust from the computer. Still receiving fan error message, I can see the fans are spinning normally. The computer is also restarting every 30 seconds or so. Could this be a PSU problem?

Hello case404, This could be a possible power supply issue, but I would suggest re-cleaning the processor heatsink/fan assembly. This does appear to be a heat related issue.

You might acquire some canned compressed air to throughly clean the heatsink/fan assembly.

It is also possible the fan may not be running at the proper speed, and may need to be replaced.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
case404
Message 3 of 6 (4,485 Views)

Hi there thank you for the response, I did remove the fan and clean all the parts with the canned air, did not solve the problem still getting the error and the auto restarts..which is why im wondering if it is the psu...

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 4 of 6 (4,480 Views)

case404 wrote: Hi there thank you for the response, I did remove the fan and clean all the parts with the canned air, did not solve the problem still getting the error and the auto restarts..which is why im wondering if it is the psu...

Hello case404, It is possible the power supply could have become faulty.

Here  is a link that has some information on how to check for power supply issues.

I would suspect a faulty motherboard as well. You might try resetting the BIOS and make sure the CMOS battery is not weak of dead.

Just some thoughts.

Honor Student
case404
Message 5 of 6 (4,472 Views)

Think I might have to take this sucker in to be looked at...Just ran speedfan have very high temps in there...GPU-90 Temp -53 CPU-7 Local-59 Remote 2-69...

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 6 of 6 (4,457 Views)

[ Edited ]

case404 wrote: Think I might have to take this sucker in to be looked at...Just ran speedfan have very high temps in there...GPU-90 Temp -53 CPU-7 Local-59 Remote 2-69...

Hello case404, The temps. you list do appear to be a little high. The GPU will normally run higher than the CPU, but the temps. you list would not be normal.

You mentioned the system is rebooting every 30 seconds, can you advise how you managed to determine these temp. readings?

Even though a fan may look as it is running normally, it actually can be running at lower rpm that the specification speed for that fan.

I would also check the system fan, to insure it is running. The case system fan can be located in the front of the case as well as the rear of the case.

With the GPU and the CPU temps. running high, the system fan may be faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation