System Recovery without use of mouse (354 Views)
Student
XxReireixX
Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)

System Recovery without use of mouse

We're trying to recover a computer but we are at a loss with the use of the mouse. We get to the system recovery manager, via F11 key at the splash screen. But in choosing the System Recovery options under "I need help immediately", we can't select it with our mouse. The mouse is moveable, but it's not able to click on anything. Now it works outside of this prompt, at the Windows Login screen and everywhere else, but here it doens't work. I need to know if there is a keyboard function that I am no using to in order to get the option I need selected. I've tried TAB and ARROWS, I've tried all the buttons. Heck, I've even pushed every single button on my keyboard...with my frustrated hands of course lol.

So please, let me know if there is something I can do to solve this. There's no money for the OS Disks that obviously are no longer supplied with HPs anymore, which really frustrates me. Thanks a bunch.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: System Recovery without use of mouse

Hi:

I think you can do this...

You can press the Alt+Shift+Num Lock combination to instantly activate the mouse keys.

Then the arrow keys should work as mouse clicks.

Top Student
sr05
Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: System Recovery without use of mouse

[ Edited ]

Alt + Shift + Num Lock works elsewhere, but, it does not work after reboot during System Recovery especially when the trackpad driver is not working. Do not know if there's relation here though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation