Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteDesk Pro 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Trying to get WIndows 10 to recognize the front USB 3.0 ports. Back USB 3.0 ports are recognized as USB 2.0

USB 2.0 ports work fine

Notice in the BIOS the option: "USB 3.0 BIOS Driver Support"

Should it be Enable or Dissable for Widnows 10?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jalor

Clear the CMOS and then reinstall the Intel chipset.

Station drivers web site  I have used this site but mainly to update firmware but not for drivers.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Jalor:

You should enable it for Win10; otherwise, it will default to USB 2 -- which it is appearing to do.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response

I tested both -

Enabled: Front USB 3.0 port do not work. Back USB 3.0 ports works as USB 2.0. All ports are present in "Device Manager" list. No USB 3.0 reference (Like "USB 3.0 Root Hub") in "Device Manager" list

DIssable: All  (front and back) USB 3.0 ports work as USB 2.0 por. No USB 3.0 reference (Like "USB 3.0 Root Hub") in "Device Manager" list

USB 2.0 ports always OK

BIOS ROM FIrmware 2.65 Rev A

Any help always appreciated

Thanks

HP Recommended
Still not able to make USB 3.0 ports to work Any suggestions? Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

Install the latest Intel chipset for your PC and then reboot.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Hi Provost I installed the Intel Chipset available at: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5387476&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192 Intel Chipset Support for Windows (Eastern European, International) - Version: 10.1.1.9 Rev.A - Date: 1 Aug 2015 Is there a later version? Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the Intel site and see what is available.

HP Recommended

Jalor

Just curious, but when you open Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus controllers, what does it say about the USB 3.0 Host Controller.

Asking because mine says "Renesas..." -- which is how (1) I found out it was made by Sony, and (2) was able to find current drivers and firmware (newer than that furnished by Gigabyte) from the station-drivers website.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Provost Intel only has Windows 7 drivers for USB 3.0 Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 include these drivers. My problem is that Windows 10 is not detecting a USB 3.0 Hub
HP Recommended
WaWood No USB 3.0 reference (Like "USB 3.0 Root Hub") in "Device Manager" list I see: Generic USB Hub Intel 8 Series/C220 Series USB ECH #1 Intel 8 Series/C220 Series USB ECH #2 USB Root Hub I don't know what is a station-drivers webiste Thanks
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.