Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,504 Views)

Uninstall PDF Complete

My Windows 7 computer came with PDF Complete Special Edition pre-installed.  The license has expired & I can't find anything else in Programs & Features to uninstall to get rid of it.  Everything I print in pdf has a tag on it telling me my complimentary period has ended.  Help!  

Intern
Message 2 of 4 (1,490 Views)

Re: Uninstall PDF Complete

[ Edited ]

k_mk wrote:

My Windows 7 computer came with PDF Complete Special Edition pre-installed.  The license has expired & I can't find anything else in Programs & Features to uninstall to get rid of it.  Everything I print in pdf has a tag on it telling me my complimentary period has ended.  Help!  

Hi k_mk,

I understand you'd like to uninstall the trial version of PDF Complete Special Edition that came pre-installed on your computer.

Use the following steps to uninstall the program:

1. Select Start and choose Control Panel.
  2. Within the Control Panel, select Programs, and then Uninstall a Program.
  3. Right-click on PDF Complete and selectUninstall from the right-hand menu. 
  4. Go through the uninstall wizard and click Done when completed.
  5. Restart your computer to complete the uninstall.

I hope this solves your problem. Also be aware that there is a nice support rescource for the PDF Complete software at this location: http://www.pdfcomplete.com/cms/Support.aspx

I work on behalf of HP
Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this solves your problem, so that others may find it.
Please click the Thumbs Up icon below to say “Thanks for helping"
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,481 Views)

Sorry.  I should have been more clear.  By "I couldn't find anything else" I meant that I had allready uninstalled the program through the route you described.  As I also uninstalled another PDF converter program I own (I think I bought it when I bought my computer), the icon changed to the Acbobat icon but I still get that PDF Complete message on the page whenever I open a pdf file & on the print out.

Boy do I feel dumb.  I just realized as I was writting this that I am looking at drawings that were created before PDF Complete was uninstalled.  I just made a new file and it doesn't have the message.

Intern
Message 4 of 4 (1,461 Views)

Glad things worked out

k_mk wrote:

Sorry.  I should have been more clear.  By "I couldn't find anything else" I meant that I had allready uninstalled the program through the route you described.  As I also uninstalled another PDF converter program I own (I think I bought it when I bought my computer), the icon changed to the Acbobat icon but I still get that PDF Complete message on the page whenever I open a pdf file & on the print out.

Boy do I feel dumb.  I just realized as I was writting this that I am looking at drawings that were created before PDF Complete was uninstalled.  I just made a new file and it doesn't have the message.

We all have those moments, k_mk!  :manwink: Glad things worked out for you!

I work on behalf of HP
Please mark "Accept as Solution" if this solves your problem, so that others may find it.
Please click the Thumbs Up icon below to say “Thanks for helping"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation