Question
Using Recovery Disks on Windows XP System
Replies (15)

Tutor
b1gM1ke
Message 11 of 16 (109 Views)

Re: Using Recovery Disks on Windows XP System

I have a HP Pavilion Media Center TV M7480n did aWindows XP restore with the HP restore disk for my model and now it is  in a continuous loop displaying the error : NV4_disp, please help...

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 12 of 16 (85 Views)

Hello b1M1ke,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how your HP Pavilion Media Center TV M7480n is displaying a NV4_disp.dll error message, and I would be happy to assist you in this endeavor!

To recover from this continuous loop, I recommend following this document on Nv4_disp.dll BSOD HELP. This resource should help remove the cause of the error message.

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy: 

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
b1gM1ke
Message 13 of 16 (71 Views)

MechPilot thank you for addressing my problem but the sad trurth is that the system will not finish the installation so I can not get into Windows XP because windows XP never fully installs so I can't go into the safe mode to deal with the display issue. All that displays when I turn the system on is black screen.

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 14 of 16 (62 Views)

Hello b1gM1ke,

Thank you for the quick reply!

Since you are not able to boot into Safe Mode, I recommend following this document on Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP). This should help restore the display to your notebook computer.

If you are able to get a visual on your notebook, I also suggest running a hardware test by following this resource on

Testing for Hardware Problems Using PC-Doctor.

If your system is not able to detect any hardware defects, you will need to replace your recovery discs. To do this, I recommend following this document on Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive. This should help you obtain the software required to recover your computer.    

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards :smileyhappy:

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Tutor
b1gM1ke
Message 15 of 16 (27 Views)

MechPilot,

Thank you again for responding to my problem but to get to the point my system is never finishing the one time setup and the problem seems to be the Nvidia GeForce 7300le driver.  I went to the Nvidia web site and downloaded the original driver that came with my HP Pavilion Media Center M7480n but it stops half way through the installation when I try to install it. So because the one time setup never finishes if I reboot or turn the sytem off whenever I turn it back on it will go through the boot setup for twenty four or forty eight hours. 

HP Support Agent
MechPilot
Message 16 of 16 (17 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello again b1gM1ke,

I believe the issue that keeps re-occurring is when you download your graphics card driver from Nvidia's website instead of the supported drivers page for your HP desktop. 

Please uninstall the driver software installed on your computer, and install the Spring 2006 Original NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE Graphics Drivers for your computer. This should help, as this version of driver software is compatible with your system as a whole.

Regards  

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation