Question

Student
tazmatic1
Message 1 of 2 (233 Views)

V9 homepage won't let me change my home page

somehow or another a homepage called v9 has taken over my computer and won't let me change my home page back to yahoo. now i've tried all the normal ways to chane it . i've even gone into the internet options area and tried removing it and put yahoo as the one i want to use . but no matter what i do it always comes back as my home page . any help to remove this v9 would be great thanks

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (224 Views)

Re: V9 homepage won't let me change my home page

Welcome to the forum, Taz.

You might have luck with this Removal Guide:

Remove V9.com Homepage (Uninstall Guide)

Commentary

• You might skip Step #4 if you do not want to install the program shown.  Registry cleaners can be at least a nuisance and at worst, they can actually damage your File System.

• Step 5 recommends the use of the Free software, Malwarebytes - this software has a good reputation and may help.

• You might skip Step 6 if you do not want to install the program shown.  It may be good s/w, but it appears that it wants you to purchase it -- the step does say you can use it as a "Trial Version".

All in all, I think that once you complete the first steps, that you might run a deep scan with your own Anti-Virus software and with the Malwarebytes software.  If you are in more trouble than that, you will have to decide what to try next.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation