Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Can you tell us more about what computer you have (model number, etc).  🙂

HP Recommended

I have the same question - I just bought a new HP Pavilion Series model no. p7-1039 ---*** there is actually a button to press that is to the right of the expansion bay. When pressed nothing happens.  Help would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi russbuss,

That expansion port is a place holder, you could put a blue ray drive in there, or another dvd/cd burner, something like that.  If you do put another drive in there, the button to the right would open and close the disc tray.

Enjoy your new computer!

HP Recommended

I was told by HP product support that you could place (you have to take the cojmputer apart, I believe) an external Hard Drive, an optical drive, a pocket media drive (whatever that is) or "another hard drive" (which seems redundant.  My real question is:  which of these makes best use of the computer.  The tech guy opined that another hard drive would be most additive, but I already have a terabit of storage and another terabit on a removable drive.  So I'm still confused about "best use". 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The extra bay that you have referenced in typically used for a second 5.25" optical drive. Hence the need for the lever to open the bay door.

You could use that bay for other purposes depending on your needs. 

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.