Question

Student
sedonacub
Message 1 of 2 (1,626 Views)

Why won't my computer start and why is there an alarm?

[ Edited ]

Computer is an HP Pavillion PC a6300f.  Startup stalls and repair freezes.  Then I get an aubible alarm which is a steady tone and no start up.  When the alarm is sounding, the computer won't even begin to boot. 

My email address on record is incorrect and my profile will not let me update it. It is {Private Information Removed}

Professor
npw05001
Message 2 of 2 (1,593 Views)

Re: Why won't my computer start and why is there an alarm?

Hi sedonacub,

I see that you are having problems with your computer not turning on, is this correct?

Sorry to hear your having a problem with your computer, I would like to help you figure out what is going on.

Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

What operating system are you using?

While pulling up information on your computer I found this link that has troubleshooting steps for start up problems.

The link also has a section for beep codes, this may be what you are hearing when it doesn't turn on and makes the alarm sound.

Let me know what happens and if this helps.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation