Windows 7 clean install and Cyberlink DVD Suite (22251 Views)
Top Student
n1um2p
Message 1 of 109 (22,251 Views)

Windows 7 clean install and Cyberlink DVD Suite

I want to clean install Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion m8330f Media Center PC.

I also want to make sure that I can install the Cyberlink DVD Suite that came with the computer originally.

However, I can't seem to find the software for this on the HP site.  I can only find an upgrade to 2 components of this software.

In other words, I can upgrade an already installed Cyberlink DVD Suite, but not install it fresh.

Anyone know where to find this?

Cyberlink, aside from its burning capabilities, also allows the transcoding of TV video captured in Media Center (so it can be edited), which I can't seem to do in any other video editing programs I've tried.  That's why I'd like to make sure I retain use of that software.

Thanks for any help.

Dean
old_geekster
Message 2 of 109 (22,229 Views)

Re: Windows 7 clean install and Cyberlink DVD Suite

I don't believe that it is possible to transfer any of the software that came originally with your computer to the new OS.  Normally, there is no way to install the programs separately from the Recovery Discs provided by HP.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 3 of 109 (22,204 Views)

If you have Vista installed, upgrading to Windows 7 instead of doing a clean install will allow you to have the CyberLink DVD app after upgrade. You can also run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if CyberLink provides offers to upgrade customers if that version of the application is not compatible with Windows 7.

There are also known upgrade issues documented here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01778879&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3752240&os=...

hope that helps

Top Student
n1um2p
Message 4 of 109 (22,165 Views)

Thanks for the replies.  I really would like to do a clean install, since things always seem to run smoother than with an upgrade.

However, I don't want to lost the Cyberlink software.  I don't see why HP wouldn't provide that, since it's licensed with my computer.

I'll try contacting their tech support to see if the software can be attained elsewhere. 

I might try the upgrade route, see how things go for a while, and if it's not working correctly, try the clean install.

Thanks again!

Tutor
RobDBell
Message 5 of 109 (22,054 Views)

I'm in the same boat.  I've installed Windows 7 fresh on a second hard drive and am trying to get CyberLink DVD Suite back.  Any tips would be appreciated.  I still have full access to the Vista environment and whatever restore partitions are on the original hard drive.

Thanks,
Rob

Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 109 (22,048 Views)

check for a folder on C drive titled C:\HP. ..may have to enable 'Show hidden files & folders'. There should (hopefully) be an installer for Cyberlink in that folder.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
RobDBell
Message 7 of 109 (22,036 Views)

I did find a folder containing the installers for the various programs on the recovery partition.  But when I run the installers I get a message about 'can only be run on authorized system'.  I assume this is either due to a version check of the OS or a failed attempt to verify that the Windows environment is an HP pre-installed image.  Anyone know what it is looking for?

Thanks,

Rob

Top Student
n1um2p
Message 8 of 109 (21,957 Views)

I've looked through the C:/hp and cannot find anything pertaining to Cyberlink under that directory.

I've also performed a search on "cyber" and the only place where its program are files are kept is under C:/Program Files.

Am I looking for the right files and/or folders?

Thanks.

Top Student
Cheeky_Broad
Message 9 of 109 (21,901 Views)

I unfortunately have the same problem, but I did not think it would be a problem accroding to the HP Windows Install document. I decided to do a clean install of the OS since in the documentations it says:

"After the upgrade, if you delete or remove a Cyberlink DVD Suite program that came installed on your Windows Vista system, you cannot recover the program by using Recovery Manager. You can download these applications from HP Customer Care (http://www.hp.com/support)"

No HP, I cannot. I choose my model (m9500f), then choose Windows 7 64 and no Cyberlink DVD Suite is listed. False advertisement! How can I get these back when I was told I could?

Top Student
Olinr
Message 10 of 109 (21,849 Views)

Count me in:

I have a HP G71-340us Notebook PC. I upgraded to Windows Professional for the Virtual Desktop so I can run some XP programs.

I lost the Cyberlink Web Cam program and the HP Suite. 

Since these programs came with the computer, I would think (shame on me; it's HP) that I would still have access to the programs.

**bleep** Habegger

Phelan, CA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation