Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My system came with windows vista. I ordered the windows 8 upgrade kit and custom installed the os. NOT UPGRADE. How to download the recovery manager for windows 8. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi vasanthnanduri. You should be able to use the 'boot time' recovery method to recover without the Windows software installed. Let me know how that works out for you.

See the section "Different ways to launch Recovery Manager"
Using System Recovery, Factory Reset and Minimized Image Recovery Options
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02638587

As a side note: Your notebook does have Windows 8.0 Bluetooth drivers available.
HP Pavilion g6-2016tx Notebook PC Drivers (Windows 8.0):
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5239...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi,

Help us by identifying your notebook completely.

HP has produced and brought to market perhaps more than 10,000 models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which one you own and which operating system is installed.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key. You can also read the Service Tag (if present) attached to the bottom of your notebook\netbook.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a printed part number and a product name. Please post one or both of them (with all alphanumeric characters here). If you live outside of North America, it helps us if you post the country of purchase.

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

akshay1189,

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the the HP/Compaq computer in question.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to install the Recovery Manager to recovery Windows 8 if needed on a computer that original came with Windows Vista... is this correct????

This isn't how it works and it can't be done. The Recovery Manager only attempts to run the recovery image on the "D:\Recovery" partition. If the 😧 drive still exists and the original Vista image is still intact, the best the Recovery Manager will is return the computer to its original factory state.

If you need to reinstall Windows 8 just insert the Windows 8 disc again and reboot.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Hello,

Win 8 is pretty nifty by itself. You may not need HP Recovery.

See this article http://www.howtogeek.com/108944/how-to-create-a-custom-refresh-image-in-windows-8/

You can also set up a USB recovery drive using control panel and create a system image on an external drive which can be restored using the bootable USB recovery drive.

Jaco

HP Recommended

It's difficult for me to use Command Prompt.

HP Recommended

I want to install the HP Recovery Manager (originally in Drive D- Recovery Partition ) to recover Windows 8 if needed on a computer that original came with Windows Vista... It is correct !

Since it was from HP, I want to download HP Recovery Manager for Windows 8.

Currrently, PC manufractured by HP are preinstalled with this software or not ?

HP Recommended

A new Windows 8 HP computer contains an image of the original Windows 8 install on it. If your computer came with Windows Vista the Recovery partition contains an image of the original Vista install and the HP Recovery Manager accesses this image to restore the computer.

Installing Windows 8 doesn't change/update the recovery image and therefore downloading and installing the HP Recovery Manager will not allow it to recover Windows 8. The only to get a Windows 8 recovery image is to buy a new computer.

Please send KUDOs

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Akshay,

There is no option to obtain the recovery disks for the upgraded system.

You have to find other ways to protect your investment and Win 8 provides backup and recovery tools.

Jaco

HP Recommended

prosze o reckovery do hp presario CQ57

HP Recommended

Hello gioviiii,

You have upgraded your system and are wanting to install the recovery partition on your computer.

Since you have upgraded you will not have the recovery partition.

You are not able to install the recovery manager. It is something that is built into the system.

Have a good day.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.