Question

Intern
akshay1189
Message 1 of 28 (46,206 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 Recovery Manager download!!

My system came with windows vista. I ordered the windows 8 upgrade kit and custom installed the os. NOT UPGRADE. How to download the recovery manager for windows 8. Please help.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 28 (46,197 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Recovery Manager download!!

Hi,

Help us by identifying your notebook completely.

HP has produced and brought to market perhaps more than 10,000 models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which one you own and which operating system is installed.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key. You can also read the Service Tag (if present) attached to the bottom of your notebook\netbook.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a printed part number and a product name. Please post one or both of them (with all alphanumeric characters here). If you live outside of North America, it helps us if you post the country of purchase.

-erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 3 of 28 (46,189 Views)

akshay1189,

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the the HP/Compaq computer in question.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to install the Recovery Manager to recovery Windows 8 if needed on a computer that original came with Windows Vista... is this correct????

This isn't how it works and it can't be done. The Recovery Manager only attempts to run the recovery image on the "D:\Recovery" partition. If the D: drive still exists and the original Vista image is still intact, the best the Recovery Manager will is return the computer to its original factory state.

If you need to reinstall Windows 8 just insert the Windows 8 disc again and reboot.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Professor
jaco1x4
Message 4 of 28 (46,150 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Win 8 is pretty nifty by itself. You may not need HP Recovery.

See this article http://www.howtogeek.com/108944/how-to-create-a-custom-refresh-image-in-windows-8/

You can also set up a USB recovery drive using control panel and create a system image on an external drive which can be restored using the bootable USB recovery drive.

Jaco

Errare humanum est. ignosces errata mea.
Intern
akshay1189
Message 5 of 28 (46,134 Views)

It's difficult for me to use Command Prompt.

Intern
akshay1189
Message 6 of 28 (46,133 Views)

I want to install the HP Recovery Manager (originally in Drive D- Recovery Partition ) to recover Windows 8 if needed on a computer that original came with Windows Vista... It is correct !

Since it was from HP, I want to download HP Recovery Manager for Windows 8.

Currrently, PC manufractured by HP are preinstalled with this software or not ?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 7 of 28 (46,118 Views)

A new Windows 8 HP computer contains an image of the original Windows 8 install on it. If your computer came with Windows Vista the Recovery partition contains an image of the original Vista install and the HP Recovery Manager accesses this image to restore the computer.

Installing Windows 8 doesn't change/update the recovery image and therefore downloading and installing the HP Recovery Manager will not allow it to recover Windows 8. The only to get a Windows 8 recovery image is to buy a new computer.

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Professor
jaco1x4
Message 8 of 28 (46,115 Views)

Akshay,

There is no option to obtain the recovery disks for the upgraded system.

You have to find other ways to protect your investment and Win 8 provides backup and recovery tools.

Jaco

Errare humanum est. ignosces errata mea.
Student
investion78600
Message 9 of 28 (45,554 Views)

prosze o reckovery do hp presario CQ57

Distinguished Professor
anthony82
Message 10 of 28 (45,213 Views)

Hello gioviiii,

You have upgraded your system and are wanting to install the recovery partition on your computer.

Since you have upgraded you will not have the recovery partition.

You are not able to install the recovery manager. It is something that is built into the system.

Have a good day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation