Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI,

I am running an HP Pavilion m8120n Media Center PC which has been upgraded to Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) SP1.

Current BIOS is revision 5.09  dated 06/08/2007.

I noticed from the Windows system log that each time the PC enters sleep (standby) mode it generates an error from HAL with event id 12. It says low memory has been corrupted during the transition to sleep mode.

The Microsoft documentation says this is a BIOS issue. I checked the HP support site for a BIOS update but found none listed. I noticed that HP offers BIOS updates for some notebooks to resolve this issue.

Is there a BIOS update available for the m8120n to resolve this?

Regards,

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did the problem occur with your previous operating system?

There is not a bios update posted for your PC.

You might want to read this article.

You could try clearing the CMOS.  Since your PC is 5 years old which is about the life expectancy for the CMOS battery, you might consider replacing it.  It's a $4 item.

The below suggestion is a long shot for a possible workaround if you ae not using RAID.  If you don't want to try the below suggestion then you may have to live with the issue.

The default sata mode setting is RAID.  If you change it to AHCI then the option rom storage might not require CMOS space. You might need to reinstall the operating system. There is a possible workaround to reinstalling the operating.  Be sure to backup your data. Run this MS patch. Then boot into the bios (f10 setup) and change the controller sata mode to ACHI and save the settings.  If the PC doesn't boot then change the bios setting back.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did the problem occur with your previous operating system?

There is not a bios update posted for your PC.

You might want to read this article.

You could try clearing the CMOS.  Since your PC is 5 years old which is about the life expectancy for the CMOS battery, you might consider replacing it.  It's a $4 item.

The below suggestion is a long shot for a possible workaround if you ae not using RAID.  If you don't want to try the below suggestion then you may have to live with the issue.

The default sata mode setting is RAID.  If you change it to AHCI then the option rom storage might not require CMOS space. You might need to reinstall the operating system. There is a possible workaround to reinstalling the operating.  Be sure to backup your data. Run this MS patch. Then boot into the bios (f10 setup) and change the controller sata mode to ACHI and save the settings.  If the PC doesn't boot then change the bios setting back.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.