Question

Student
k1bkj
Message 1 of 2 (1,259 Views)

auto play of multimedia optical drive

I bought this machine, a HP Pavilion p2-1033W on February 9, 2012, just 9 days ago.  I put a audio cd in the Multimedia Optical Drive and only thing that opens is the Cyberliink Power2Go disc burning program.  I have installed several programs from

their discs and everything worked fine.  Put the disc in, it is recognized and starts up to install.  However, when I put in an

audio disc ,  that burner program opens.  I spent all yesterday morning in chat with HP tech support and they could do nothing to correct the problem.  Gave me a phone number to call which was also HP support so they could take remote control of the

machine.  They played with it all afternoon yesterday and could not find or correct the problem.  Also note that when I am using the drive, there is no light that comes on or flickers while it is running.;   I can play the audio cd but only bringing the drive up in

My Computer and double clicking on the drive.  It starts up and plays through media player.  Oh yes,  it is running

Windows 7.   Anyway, HP support has so far left me with the idea that doing a recovery will possibly fix the problem.

I wouldn't let them do that because I have too much stuff on here that I would lose with recovery and I really don't want to go

through the backup and reinstalling of the stuff I would lose.  And, I don't really think doing a recovery will fix it.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (1,231 Views)

Re: auto play of multimedia optical drive

Hi:

The only thing I can suggest (I assume that technical support has gone through this, but ya never know...) please read the link below, and make sure your optical drive is set to autoplay music CD's.

http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516004-how-configure-autoplay-settings-windows-7-a.html

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation