Question

Intern
Tslede
Message 1 of 15 (108 Views)

can I create my system image backup on 1 of my hd's,

Hello,I have 3 internal hardrives on my computer and I created a system image on 1 of my hd's is this ok to do??If I ever lost my main drive the image is on another drive how would I go about restoreing my system back from this other drive...?

PhD Student
Nuccii
Message 2 of 15 (92 Views)

Re: can I create my system image backup on 1 of my hd's,

What system image utility would you be using? 

Ideally it should be done to an external hard drive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply if the post have resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 3 of 15 (90 Views)

HI,

Please let us know, how you imaged your partition, via inbuild utility of windows or any third party tool?

if you had imaged your partition via inbuild utility of windows then you would be having an option there create system repair disk, with system repair disk you can get it restore..

if you had imaged your partition throght 3rd party tool then same programme will be used to restore your image another hdd.

Its solved your issue.

if have more please ask.. 

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Intern
Tslede
Message 4 of 15 (86 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello all,,,I used in build utility of windows system image backup to my e: drive ,,I did not see  an option there create system repair disk,option,,,this is win 8.1..

PhD Student
Nuccii
Message 5 of 15 (80 Views)

You would be advised to use Macrium Reflect (Free) to do your system image, offers more reliability.  Do note forget to create the recovery bootable DVD or USB.

For security it would be better to do it to an external hard drive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reply if the post have resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
Intern
Tslede
Message 6 of 15 (78 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello!!!Should I delete the image file and use 3rd party instead??/can I just delete it off the drive?maybe start over with the tools I need..Thank you..Idid try MF but it wanted to download some win PE tools to create the dvd, so I gave up ,I did not want to do that,,maybe I should have

Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 7 of 15 (77 Views)

HI,

Windows 8.1 no longer supports Creating System repair Disk.

But you can Use another Imaging Utility to image your hdd.

which we called Acronics true Image, through that you can image your hdd and same cd will be use to restore your saved image to another hdd if your current hdd crashed..

for more information about this product.. you can visit the site..

**Clicking on the Kudos! white star is a nice way to say thank you on any post that helped you or resolved the problem.**
**Selecting "Accept as Solution" for a reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching the web for an answer**
Master's Graduate
finder070
Message 8 of 15 (75 Views)

Yes,

Delete the current Image file because you can only use this image only in windows mode..

but through the process i told you, you can resteore your image in DOS mode it dosent metter your hdd crashed or anything, you can also restore your current image to another hdd in condition of your os hdd failure..

Intern
Tslede
Message 9 of 15 (70 Views)

Hello,,I have AOMEI Backupper,is this good to install,,,I heard good reviews about it.

PhD Student
Nuccii
Message 10 of 15 (52 Views)

Yes , Aomei is pretty good also, but I believe Macrium is more robust.  The choice is yours.

You would be better to take one of your internal hard drives out of the computer if not required and convert it to an external drive, no big deal, just put it in a case and set it up.  If you still wish to continue to use internally, ask yourself this.

What happens if your computer fries taking the hard drives with it or, heaven forbide, you have a house fire, an external drive is easier to grab and run after your spouse and kids first naturally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation