computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x (4392 Views)
Top Student
nedjel
Message 1 of 4 (4,392 Views)

computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

This is driving me insane. I purchased a 8GB High Capacity SD card for my camera. Have pictures on it an can't download them or do anything.

The computer won't recognize it

How can HP sell a computer in 2007 that does NOT support high capacity flash memory.   All the Vista hot fixes won;t do anything. I spend money on a card that won't work. People say update the drivers. I did. Doesn't do anythingI think this is a hardware problemI don;t want to go out now nad look for a card reader to buy, when my computer has the meadia slots built into itPlease helpThanks

Windows Vista (32)

Model #: m8226x
Product #: GN688AA-ABA
Serial #:

Software Build #: 74NAv3PrA1
Service ID #: 123-007
PCBRAND: Pavilion

Associate Professor
RoyalSerpent
Message 2 of 4 (4,387 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

The card reader may not be compatible with HC/High Speed SD media.  Hot fix won't fix the limitation of that card reader.  I saw a nice reader @ Newegg this morning for $10 and free shipping.
Top Student
nedjel
Message 3 of 4 (4,180 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in m8226x

Wouldn't  tbe easier to upgrade the Firmware on the built in Card Reader, so it accepts SD HC ?

Thanks

Student
narfboy48
Message 4 of 4 (782 Views)

Re: computer doesn't recognize SDHC slot not working when card plugged in Folio 13

So the specs say it support SDHC, it''s on Windows 7 which says it needs to be formatted, but give the error message that it cannot.

Conventional triage would say it's a software, not hardware problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation