Question

Honor Student
Kane_James
Message 1 of 3 (2,577 Views)

computer keeps rebooting

my computer keeps rebooting over and over repeating. its an hp pavilion a1623w. i have read up on people having problems with other computers and cannot find ANY solutions to mine. it will get to where it says windows xp with the loading bar that scrolls across and then whenever the loading bar starts to move, it reboots and does the same thang over and over again. i have tried doing safe mode, and all the other options all with the same outcome. it is important that i atleast get the information and data out of my computer because it is all of my music and beats and studio programs. i am a solo recording artist and this is how i make a living. i really need help with this being that i have a show tomorrow and have still not been able to get my beats or anything else off of my computer. HELP ASAP
Posted from Facebook
Associate Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 3 (2,549 Views)

Re: computer keeps rebooting

• Turn on the computer. When the initial logo screen appears, press the F10 key repeatedly until a message about starting recovery appears.
  • At the Recovery screen, click Advanced Options and then press the Alt and D keys at the same time to go to a command prompt.
  • At the command prompt, enter the following: diskpart
  • At the command prompt, enter the following: list volume
  • Remember the drive letter next to line for the main hard drive; HP_PAVILION or PRESARIO.
  • To close Diskpart, enter the following: exit
  • At the command prompt, enter the drive letter followed by a colon (:smileyhappy:. For example, H:
  • Perform the steps from Step 2 given in the following weblink:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310396
  • I am an HP employee.

Regards,
    Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
    Student
    kjdmang
    Message 3 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: computer keeps rebooting

Good Day Vidya

What if my desktop has no recovery partition, how can I fix the restarting problem???

I get no recovery screen on boot up, the pc starts and gets to the windows xp screen and then it just re-starts. I do get the screen that asks if I want to start windows with a couple options, e.g. safe mode, safe mode with networking etc...., none of these choices when selected go into start up mode, the computer just restarts.

Can you assist please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation