Question

Student
dixon86
Message 1 of 7 (164 Views)

data recovery

My o.s crashed and i recovered it but i cannot access my documents..

Master's Graduate
Dokie
Message 2 of 7 (134 Views)

Re: data recovery

Hi Please explain what you mean by("I recovered it") If you restoreed to factory and failed to save your documents and pictures,ect. They are lost.

Dokie!!

Tutor
SimplyMichael
Message 3 of 7 (105 Views)

you must try UNISTAL windows data recovery software.

Tutor
SimplyMichael
Message 4 of 7 (92 Views)

Honor Student
cindi_s
Message 5 of 7 (89 Views)

[ Edited ]

Your OS crashng shouldn't affect your documents unless you reformatted the hard drive (basically that means you erased it) before you reinstalled the OS; if you did that it's likely they are gone because when you reformatted you erased everything, including your documents.  Your hard drive crashing is a completely different story, but you couldn't have restored the OS on a bad drive.  What exactly caused it to crash?  There are malware programs designed to make it look like your computer crashed and deleted all of your files when in reality they've been moved to a different, hidden location so they look gone.  I had one of those, they suck; but you can find your files again (at least most of them, I still can't find Outlook Express; everytime I want to check my email I have to go to help, type Outlook Express into the search field, & then click on the start Outlook Express to do so.)

Honor Student
galerithomas
Message 6 of 7 (43 Views)

I found one more effective Windows data recovery solution for all Windows users.....

Check This - http://www.en.windowsdatarecoverysoftware.com/

Student
bruceverine
Message 7 of 7 (50 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation