Question

Honor Student
Grant6174
Message 1 of 12 (13,486 Views)

error message: xmlTextReaderConstName

When I boot up my Pavillion P6230Y, with Windows 7 Home Premium O/S I get the error message: The procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll

Everything seems to be working fine. What is the best thing to do about this message? Will it cause problems in the near future? It started appearing after doing an iTunes/Iphone software update.

Any suggestions?

Student
Revwillie56
Message 2 of 12 (13,200 Views)

Re: error message: xmlTextReaderConstName

Just copy the file SQLite3.dll from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support folder.

Honor Student
Grant6174
Message 3 of 12 (13,169 Views)

Thank you! I will try this as soon as I have time tomorrow. I tried to go back to an earlier restore point, a friend said it would not change any data. That did not work. When I tried to open ITunes I got different error message "ITunes Library.itl cnnot be read because it was created by a newer version of Itunes.  So I undid the restore point back to where I started. At least with the first error message "smlText" etc Itunes worked. Lesson learned about Itunes updates.

Student
panic
Message 4 of 12 (12,882 Views)

I read your suggestion on how to fix the error

"the procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll."

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (64-bit).  but it didn't work... Do you have anymore ideas???

Student
rmsrmsrms1
Message 5 of 12 (10,765 Views)

Yes, I have tried copying and pasting that. My question is, do I need to delete what I copied?

Student
treasurymom
Message 6 of 12 (10,313 Views)

I have the same problem...but I don't have a folder under Apple titled Apple Application Support...just the Mobile Device Support folder.  Now what?  This thing is driving me batty and now my Windows Update won't work.

PhD Student
GeorgeFN
Message 7 of 12 (10,273 Views)

Here is a thread from Microsoft Answers site that might help.  If you read through it, you'll find that there was a fix explained that seemed to help a number of folks who had the same error message.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/error-on-startup-for-lib...

Good luck, Hope this helps.

GeorgeFN

GeorgeFN
I work on behalf of HP.
Student
ospedaliero
Message 8 of 12 (9,829 Views)

cosa fare per togliere l'errore e che influenza può avere ?

Student
rayhand
Message 9 of 12 (8,406 Views)

When I boot up my Pavillion P6230Y, with Windows 7 Home Premium O/S I get the error message: The procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll

Everything seems to be working fine. What is the best thing to do about this message? Will it cause problems in the near future? It started appearing after doing an iTunes/Iphone software update.

Any suggestions?

Student
Smitherson
Message 10 of 12 (7,694 Views)

Unfamilar with both of the C Programs you are referring to.  Please explain futher.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation