how can i go to recovery mode?

I want to restoe my hp comp. but I don't know how to get into revovery mode

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (8,948 Views)

Re: how can i go to recovery mode?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You can find a good description of the Recovery options for Desktop PCs on the relevant link below.

Recovery Options - Windows 7.

Recovery Options - Windows Vista.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
banzama15
Message 3 of 6 (8,913 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your kind information that you have been given casue i am facing this similar problem on hp notebook.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (8,901 Views)

If you can still boot into Windows the simplest way is to click on the Windows orb and then click on All Programs. Select HP and then Recovery Manager.   The Recovery manager for newer PCs and notebook looks like the following image. In the I need help immediately section click on System Recovery. In the next menu choose Factory Image recovery.

If you are unable to boot into Windows then you will need to use the recovery disk set or USB recovery media you created when you first setup your PC / notebook. You will have to boot from the disk #1 or the USB recovery media to access the HP Recovery Manager. 

recovery1.PNG

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
hung47
Message 5 of 6 (8,886 Views)

Re: Recover disk set

[ Edited ]

Is there any one have  a Recovery disk set for my hp  Compaq Presarior SR 1950NX I canot order online...!  may be Hp dont have it anymore contact me {Personal Information Removed}, Please

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 6 of 6 (8,863 Views)

Re: Recover disk set

Here are the specs for your Compaq Presario Media Center SR1950NX Desktop Computer. According to the specs, your computer was introduced 16-May-2006 and came with Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Media Center Edition 2005. Since HP no longer lists Recovery Disc information on their "Software & Driver Downloads" page for your computer, it is indicative that they no longer maintain inventory of those discs. Please order the HP Recovery Discs for your computer from third party vendor ComputerSurgeons.com

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation