Question

Honor Student
ready2go
Message 1 of 9 (3,767 Views)

how do you set up an email program as an association in the default programs

Windows 7, HP touchsmart 

How do you set up an email program in the default progams?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 9 (3,739 Views)

Re: how do you set up an email program as an association in the default programs

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Default Programs and click Set your programs default.  From the list in the left pane, left click your email application once and then click 'Set this program as default'.  Click Ok to save the setting.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
ready2go
Message 3 of 9 (3,728 Views)

Re: how do you set up an email program as an association in the default programs

Thank you for your input. My email icon only shows up on my desk top, not in my programs. How do I set it up there?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 9 (3,724 Views)

Hi,

What is the name of your email application?

Am I correct in thinking that you wish this to show in your All Programs list?

Regards,

DP-K

Honor Student
ready2go
Message 5 of 9 (3,719 Views)

I don`t know if it is an actual email application or just the name of the email manager. It is Shaw webmail.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 9 (3,716 Views)

Hi,

Shaw Webmail

It would seem this is on online account so the icon on your Desktop is a shortcut to launching the web address, however you can still add this to the list of All Programs as follows.

From the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and open Folder Options.  Click the View tab, fill in the radio button titled 'Show hidden files folders and Drives', then click apply to make this change.

Next, click the Start Menu, open Computer, open Local Disk C, open Users, open the folder with your user name, open AppData, open Roaming, open Microsoft, open Windows, open Start Menu and open Programs - now right click the icon on your Desktop and select Copy, then Paste it in the Programs folder you have just opened.  Close all the windows you have open.

Again from the Start Menu, open the Control Panel and open Folder Options.  Click the View tab, fill in the radio button titled 'Don't Show hidden files folders and Drives', then click apply to make this change.

Now click the Start Menu, open All Programs and you should now see your shortcut showing here - if you right click it, you can also select to 'Pin it to the Start Menu' or 'Pin it to the Taskbar' or both if you wish.

Regards,

DP-K

Honor Student
Kay41
Message 7 of 9 (1,161 Views)

I can't emaill a photo as an attachment in gmail.

Honor Student
Kay41
Message 8 of 9 (1,160 Views)

which program do i click on?

Honor Student
Kay41
Message 9 of 9 (1,157 Views)

I clicked on google chrome.  Will that associate my gmail in the Default Programs?  My goal is to be able to attach a photo from my documents for an email in gmail.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation