Question

Honor Student
eazeeone
Message 1 of 11 (3,736 Views)

how to reinstall data from hp backup discs

System crashed. Can't seem to figure out how to reinstall data from backup discs.

Teacher
BrentW
Message 2 of 11 (3,701 Views)

Re: how to reinstall data from hp backup discs

Greetings,

If you place the first disc into your DVD-ROM and start your computer, on the HP screen press Escape until you get a menu. Select the Boot menu, choose CD/DVD-ROM, and then enter. Press any key when it tells you to press any key to boot off CD-ROM. This will load the recovery software.

*****WARNING***** you will lose all files and programs that you have installed and placed on your computer since you purchased the unit.

. Once this has been completed, you will see a HP Recovery screen. Select System Recovery, then select next and follow the prompts. There should be a section allowing you to backup your data onto a flash drive. Now I recommend if there is any critical data on your disk that you verify the backup prior to initiating the actual recovery.

This will set your computer up as the day that you first purchased it. All data and programs installed on the computer since the day you purchased it will be gone.

During this process make sure you are on your AC adapter and you have no extra devices plugged in such as printers, external hard disks, and flash drives while the actual recovery is taking place. You can use your flash drive during the backup process portion.
Good Luck
Brent
***** Please select issue confirmed on the post of the person whom recommended the solution that fixed your issue. This way future board members can quickly access the solution****
Honor Student
eazeeone
Message 3 of 11 (3,676 Views)

Thanks Bren
I had already done this. I was trying to reinstall my data files that I had backed up before doing the recovery. I finally figured how to do it. Thanks again!

Don
Honor Student
Bru50
Message 4 of 11 (3,618 Views)

Brents reply is helpful and correct, my dilemma is i have made the disks,(6) in my case, but i don't know how to re install them to recover my files now that I am back to a clean factory install.

Thanks;

Bru

Honor Student
Bru50
Message 5 of 11 (3,617 Views)

Don;

thats what im looking for, could you please explain

Thanks

Bru50

Student
davea35
Message 6 of 11 (3,102 Views)

like to ask the same  question

Honor Student
eazeeone
Message 7 of 11 (3,091 Views)

after running your recovery disc

click on start

click on computer

double click on os(c)

look for recovery files

double click on recovery files

you should see a dated file folder

double click on it and then you should see a D-Os file folder

double click it and you should see a list of file folders. open users to find your photos, videos, documents, ect.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Good luck!

Honor Student
bluesman1055
Message 8 of 11 (1,841 Views)

I made backup discs before I did the restore to original factory and when it was done I put the backup discs in and it was restored to system recovery files so I went there and opened it up and it was a restorewiz but eveything was in notepad, how do I get all the data from notepad back working, Ive tried everything

Honor Student
bluesman1055
Message 9 of 11 (1,840 Views)

what happens if there is no os(c)  when you click on computer?

Honor Student
shinta
Message 10 of 11 (1,152 Views)

I had trouble with my PC & someone wiped out all the infomation on my computer. I have 3 backup disks though , how do I transfer the data from the backup disks to my PC? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation