Question

Student
KrelvinAZ
Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

hp TouchSmart 320

[ Edited ]

Sister in Law dropped off her 1yro HP TouchSmart 320.  Said that it was having problems and she did a system point recovery which lasted 12 hours until she just turned it off.  Now when you boot, it gives an option to use recovery mode or boot normal, both basically do the same thing.

Blue screen background (graphics not a true blue screen), but no text, not icons, nothing does anything but the mouse moving around the screen.

She didn't make the recovery CD (natrually) and I'm not sure what options there would be.  It has Win7 on it, but uses the new UEFI boot system so I don't know if any recovery tools will work with it.

I already tried booting into Safe Mode which ends up in the same place.

Any suggestions?

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 2 (225 Views)

Re: hp TouchSmart 320

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete HP model name and/or product number of the computer in question.

You should be able to use "F11" when booting the computer to start the recovery process. This will restore he computer to a factory like state. If the hard drive has failed or is going bad, this option may not work completely. You may wish to run the diagnostics from the boot screen by pressing "ESC" to see if the hardware has issues.

You should be able to order recovery discs directly from HP or from third party vendor ComputerSurgeons.com

Please send KUDOs

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation