Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

i am on win8.1 pro 64 bit looking for driver to install for the key board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again xichum,

I am happy it worked successfully for you. If you could mark my post with the steps in it with a Accepted Solution it will assist others with the same question find the answer successfully.

Thanks

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello xichum,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are looking for your drivers for the HP Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard in Windows 8.1. Unfortunately, the drivers are not available. This does not mean that you have no options though. I have an idea on how you can get your original drivers to work. The nice thing about keyboards is their drivers are not really that complex. I mean I hit the "A" key on my keyboard how had is that to translate in software to the required response. I mean "A" is "A" at least at the basic level. I have done this before and it worked, I am going to get you to use the Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver and use it. Simply follow the steps below and it should work:

Step 1.  At the Tiles Menu type "Services"

Step 2. Click on Services

Step 3. In the Human Interface Device Access service right-click and set to Automatic

Step 4. Then download the Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver

Step 5. Create a folder call it "KeyDir"

Step 6. Extract the .exe file to the folder KeyDir, do not execute it

Step 7. In the extract file go to the src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file

Step 8. Wait for the install to finish

Step 9. Then go to the src/src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file

Step 10. Reboot your computer

Please re-post with the results of these steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a nice day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi Dunida, how do i extract the .exe to the folder KeyDir

HP Recommended
it's worked like a charm. thanks.
HP Recommended
to extract .exe, must download 7-zip.org
HP Recommended

Hello again xichum,

I am happy it worked successfully for you. If you could mark my post with the steps in it with a Accepted Solution it will assist others with the same question find the answer successfully.

Thanks

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hi dunidar,

my hp enhance multimdia kb stop working after I restored OS. 

HP Recommended

Hello again xichum,

I understand that after restoring your operating system the Enhanced Keyboard Driver no longer works. When you restored your operating system you would have changed the keyboard driver so that is understand able. You will need to follow the instructions again that I provided in my first post here.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

the app folder still in the computer, but not working.  so, I need to start the whole process again.

HP Recommended

Hello again xichum,

If the Keydir directory is still there and the contents are intact just follow the steps 7 - 10 and you should be good.

Step 7. In the extract file go to the src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file

Step 8. Wait for the install to finish

Step 9. Then go to the src/src folder and right-click and run as administrator the install.exe file

Step 10. Reboot your computer

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.